Q&A with D'Banj


posted by sooyup

No comments

This is an exclusive interview D'Banj granted reporter, Michael Alonge. I took out the interesting parts...:-) Excerpts:

Q: When do plan to settle down?
D'Banj: When I see the right person
Q: How would you know the right person
D'Banj: If I see I will know
Q: How about Genevieve?
D'Banj: We're not...(pause) why do you people keep calling Genevieve? That's a long time, we've even got over that. I am single and searching.
Q: Have you talked to God about searching for a wife?



D'Banj: Of course
Q: Why hasn't he answered you?
D'Banj: Who says he hasn't answered me? You never know when it come to relationship. Your best friend might be your wife and you might still be searching. It might be a person that I have dated before or a new person. But I believe God will do it at the right time.
Q: Do you think when you finally get married you will cheat on your wife?
D'Banj: I don't know. I don't think about that but my dad never cheated on my mum
Q: Are you planning to follow his footsteps?
D'Banj: I'm not planning to but I came from him, I must have something in common with him. When I get married, I will know. Right now, I don't.
Q: How do you manage your female fans?
D'Banj: I don't really have many female fans
Q: What do you do when girls throw themselves at you?
D'Banj: They are usually prevented and I don't get to see them because my people around me near me but if I see you and get to like you, then something might go down. It's up to me to decide...
Q: So you don't have a girlfriend?
D'Banj: No, I don't. But that don't mean I don't F**k!
Q: How many sunglasses do you have?
D'Banj: I have more than 100 of it. Mostly designers
Q: What will not never be caught doing?
D'Banj: Fight over a woman. I will never do that!
Q: You are going international now, how easy will it be for you staying in Nigeria?
D'Banj: I did it from here and there is no way that you will mention my name that you will not say the Nigerian-born singer. So, it has changed nothing about me except that I am now a superstar who rocks, wines and dines with Jay Z, Kanye West and a lot of other international artists.
Q: What if they try to mimic you?
D'Banj: Nobody can steal me; nobody can take Nigeria from me. Well, that can happen only if I get married to someone like Rihanna.
Q: That means you are not coming back
D'Banj: Why not, I will bring here.
Q: How is that going to be possible? She won't want to leave her country because of love
D'Banj: With love, nothing is impossible (laughs)

D'Banj and Rihanna? I won't put it past him making a move on her if he gets the chance...badt guy! lol

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...