I AM A MAN.....of constant sorrow......


posted by sooyup on ,

No comments

The first time I saw this movie - I about split my sides laughing......because this movie....isn't fiction.  I spent some time way hella out in the sticks in the deep deep south and....well...its still this way out there.  Its like going back in time. Heck.  It is going back in time.  This type of music is still played on the radio even, with some bluegrass stations and a buncha other stuff that you ain' never gonna be able to buy in Wal-Mart (Wally-World for those of you down south).

The one I liked was the house with the porch up on the Mississippi with the hound dog with the farmer in overalls and the corncob pipe and a spittoon while playing the banjo wearing a straw hat......with the ziplock bags of water hanging from the ceiling of the porch to keep the flies away......

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...