Are We Crazy In Africa?


posted by sooyup

No comments

Let me start by saying some of the pictures you're about to view aren't nice...so please note.

I'm going to write something a few of you might find offensive. It's kinda anti-Africa. I feel a little uncomfortable writing it but I can't help myself. Hopefully some of you will reason with me.

See I love Nigeria, I love Africa. I doubt if there's anyone who's more in love with this continent than I am. I've had many opportunities to live outside of this continent and I've always refused. In fact it's one of the reasons I haven't gotten married...YET...(that's a story for another day lol), so believe me I love Africa...

BUT sometimes I'm so angry with it's people. Are we out of our minds? Are some of us mentally deranged?



If we are not deranged, then how do we explain Xenophobia? Why would we set a human being on fire just because he is a foreigner in our land? Why not deport them? Look at that police officer in the middle smiling while an innocent soul burns to death. And is that a woman in the picture?

Are we insane?



If we are sane, then please explain Genocide to me. We kill people who are our country men just because they belong to another tribe? We are from the same country but I deserve to die because I speak another language?

Are we alright in the head?



If we are alright in the head, then how do we explain students beating a teacher to death just because she unknowingly threw the Quran to the ground?

Are we mad in Africa?



If we are not mad, then please explain why a court in Africa will decree that a 16 year old boy stab to death, a man who killed his father, in a public execution? The picture of the boy stabbing the man you see tied to this tree is too gruesome that I can't even upload it.

Why my people? Why do we act like animals?



If we are not animals, then why would we kidnap little children, cut them up and sell their body parts for ritual purposes or sell them into child slavery?

Don't we have a conscience in Africa?



If we have a conscience, then why do we make wives and mothers out of our 12 year old daughters?



And killers and rapists out of 13 year old sons? How can we put guns in the hands of our children and make soldiers of them? Don't they have a right to grow up first?
What's our problem in Africa?

Don't we get it?


If we get it, then why would we set ourselves on fire just to protest racism? If they are treating us like second class citizens in a foreign land then why don't we just pack our bags and go back home?

Why are we so unreasonable?


If we reason well, then why strip a woman naked because she was unfaithful. Why not just divorce her?

Why do we act stupid?


If we don't act stupid, then why do we lynch people for the smallest reasons? Why do we take justice into our own hands?

Don't we have value for human life?


If we have value for human life, then why gun down an African legend who has blessed millions with his music, just because we want to steal his car? Kill the owner, steal the car, sell the car and buy marijuana with the money. Then go back the next day looking for another person to kill, another car to steal?

What's wrong with us in Africa?


If there's nothing wrong with Africa, then explain why AIDS, which was discovered in Europe, is killing more people in Africa than any other continent in the world?
Why my people???

I ask again, are we cursed? Can someone answer me?
What can we do to make Africa great again? When will Africans unite again?
All through our history, it's people, it's beauty, it's wonders and despite our tragedies and sadness, outsiders have come to visit, some never even go back. That tells me there's something beautiful about Africa.

I love Africa and I will never give up on it. Despite our difficulties, Africa shall be at peace. We deserve peace because we are a beautiful people. But how do we find peace if we keep doing this to ourselves?

Someone please tell me we are not crazy in Africa. Or are we?

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...