Why do bad things happen to good people? + Gbenga and Becky!


posted by sooyup

No comments

Hope y'all had a great weekend? Mine was going very well until I went to visit a sick relation yesterday, then everything kinda went downhill from that point.

Sometime last year, I wrote about going to visit a sick relation who had cerebral malaria. Well, she got out of the hospital after almost three months there and hasn't gotten better since moving back home.

Let me tell about this woman. She's very beautiful. Graduated from the university 14 years ago, has a masters degree in English Language. She's the kindest person you'll ever met. Nice to a fault. We lived in the same building with her family for almost ten years. And when we were much younger, she used to take care of us when our parents were not around. Of everyone in her family, she's the one we are closest to and love greatly.

In the early 90's, she dated some guy very seriously. We all knew him, called him uncle and thought the relationship would end in marriage...but it never did.

She's a beautiful person, I just don't have the right words to describe her to you guys, just know that she's as good as good can be.

My younger sisters went to visit her last week and told me her health was deteriorating instead of getting better, so yesterday I went to see her.

And I shed tears. She can't talk audibly. She can't move her left shoulder and arm, her eyeballs keep darting from one place to the other, never steady, her skin has turned black, she can't eat without the help of someone else, sitting up straight is painful for her.

She's 37, no husband, no kid, no boyfriend, no job (her employers sacked her after missing work for 6months), she lives at home with her parents and on top of it all, she's in so much pain, sometimes she begs to die.

When I saw her yesterday, I shed an ocean of tears, then I questioned God. Of all the people this could happen to...why her? Why such a good person who has the most beautiful heart? What happened to all her prayers of a good life? What did she do wrong? Why her?

Have you ever asked yourself that question? Why me? Why is it just misfortune that's following me? Everyone else has it good, why can't I?

Have you ever felt like you deserve much more than life is dishing out to you? You can't seem to find the good life you've prayed and worked hard for?

You know you're a good person but nothing good seems to be coming your way...

At a point in my life I felt that way. I've lived a decent life. I know it's hard to believe. I don't look it and my profession doesn't say it, but morally, I have been good and I always thought there was a reward for being good, but then I find myself in my first relationship and got what I got. I used to ask God why me? Why would you give me this? You don't think I deserve better? After living my life the way I've lived it, is this what I get?

It puzzles me, and I still want to understand the way life works. There was a girl in school back then who slept with different men every night for money...she was the queen of sluts...and had no apologies for trading her body for material things...I used to think God will punish her in his own time...

oh he punished her alright...with a nice comfortable husband and two lovely kids.

Some of us 'good' ones still live in our fathers' house... lol. Ain't that sad?

That's life right?

Good man...bad woman
Good woman...bad man
Hard work...no pay
Talent...no help
Would never lift a finger to hurt a fly...someone kills you
Make one wrong decision and your life changes forever...
Make one mistake and you pay for a lifetime...
...and there are people who get away with it...all the time.

Great person, no good luck etc

Why does it happen that way? Why can't good things at least happen to good people and bad things maybe happens to bad people?

Is there a reward for being good?

Gbenga and Becky
On a lighter note, here's a Nigerian by the name Gbenga and his woman, Becky.
This one na Visa by force or by fire...





Smoking...is not good for your health



Women Strike Back
One day my housework-challenged husband decided to wash his Sweat-shirt seconds after he stepped into the laundry room, he shouted to me, "What setting do I use on the washing machine?"
"It depends," I replied. "What does it say on your shirt?"
He yelled back, "University of Oklahoma."
And they say blondes are dumb...

A couple is lying in bed. The man says, "I am going to make you the happiest woman in the world."
The woman replies, "I'll miss you..."

"It's just too hot to wear clothes today," Jack says as he stepped out of the shower, "honey, what do you think the neighbours would think if I mowed the lawn like this?"
"Probably that I married you for your money," she replied.

Q: What do you call an intelligent, good looking, sensitive man?
A: A rumour.

Dear Lord, I pray for Wisdom to understand my man; Love to forgive him; And Patience for his moods. Because, Lord, if I pray for Strength, I'll beat him to death.
AMEN

Q: Why do little boys whine?
A: They are practicing to be men.

Q: What does it mean when a man is in your bed gasping for breath and calling your name?
A: You did not hold the pillow down long enough.

Q: How do you keep your husband from reading your e-mail?
A: Rename the mail folder "Instruction Manual."

Check out this websites...
http://niyitabiti.blogspot.com/
http://wantedentertainment.blogspot.com/
daddysgirlandlovingit.blogspot.com
temifalasinnu.blogspot.com

That's it for today. Check back 'moro. Ciao!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...