Dilemma


posted by sooyup

No comments

I got an email some days ago that left me numb for a few seconds. Someone I don't know asked for advice that I didn't know how to give. I asked permission to put it on my blog and seek advice from you all and she said it's ok. The email was actually long with her explaining a lot of things that I am going to keep private but here's the long and short of it.

Some weeks ago, she gave birth to a deformed baby who doctors say will need medical attention for the rest of his life. The child is barely alive, breathing through tubes and all. She wants to tell the doctors to take out the tubes and let the child die peacefully because she thinks it's unfair to want a deformed child to live when he will most probably be unhappy through out his life.

She also doesn't want a deformed baby mostly because she can't take care of one permanently. She says she's a single mum.

The thing is, she feels guilty as hell and wants to know if she's making the right decision...so she came to me.

This is beyond me so I'm coming to you guys.

Personally I think that child deserves a chance to live. Whether deformed or not. I saw a man on TV sometime ago with no arms, but he cooks, drives, and does everything with his legs. Imagine if his mum had killed him when he was born.

It's sad this lady would even consider killing her own baby.
But maybe I don't get it...maybe his deformity is so bad that if the baby could talk, he would ask to be killed. I don't know...don't know what else to say.

What do you guys think and what advice can you give her?

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...