NIgeria's top 10 richest people + Naija Entertainment News


posted by sooyup

No comments

Hi people, still can't upload pictures...seriously don't know what's wrong with my blog setting...how do I give entertainment news without pictures?

Anyway, while I'm trying to sort that out...here are the names of Naija's top 10 richest people according to Encomium Magazine.

1. Mike Adenuga - $6billion (Globacom)
2. Aliko Dangote - $4billion (Business man)
3. Femi Otedola - $3.5billion (Business man)
4. Jim Ovia - $2.3billion(CEO Zenith Bank)
5. Cecilia Ibru - $1.2billion (CEO Oceanic Bank)
6. Oba Otudeko - $1billion
7. Rasak Okoya - $300million (Business man - Shade's other half)
8. Sonny Odogwu - $260millin
9. Bode Akindele - $230million (Business man - Tiffany Amber's father)
10. Emmanuel Ojei - $165million

What do you guys think of this list?

Meanwhile there's something I read in one of our softsell mags today that really saddened me. Nothing pains me more than seeing people making fun or trying to run someone down because they tried something and failed.
Here's what I read...

Urgent memo to singing duo, Peter and Paul.
Ref: Flopped concert
"I am sympathizing with them on their flopped show (yes, flopped is a better word than cancelled) concert which was billed to hold on Tuesday September 30 2008 at Asaba, but developed k-legs due to reasons best known to them. Can I preach to them? In this life, every man must have a focus. The forefathers say that 'If you're a manager, manage well, If you're cook, cook well, if you're a magician, magic well. If you're a singer, face your day job. No one can be a jack of all trades successfully. They should concentrate on their singing career or resign and become show organisers. Please, help me pass on this piece of advise to Peter and Paul...count your tonque with your teeth"

I felt really sad after reading this because I know the kind of damage words like this can do. It's words like this that discourage people from pursuing their dreams and passion. The ridicule from other people when we fail just stop us from trying. When you try something and fail and people tell you to 'count your tongue with your teeth', you're pretty much done for if you don't believe in yourself, your talent and in your ability.
I keep saying people, pls don't let anyone tell you what you can do and can't do. And it's better to try and fail than not try at all because with every time you fail, you learn what not to do and become one step closer to understanding what you need to do to succeed in life.

Peter and Paul...better luck next time.
And there's nothing wrong with being musicians and business men

From that to something really...crazy. Someone filed a court case against God.
Read the ridiculous story here
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20081016/twl-legal-case-against-god-thrown-out-41f21e0.html
See y'all later.

Earlier post...
I'm trying to give you entertainment news but I can't upload pictures. Don't know what's wrong. The link on top of my 'create post' has disappeared...since yesterday.
what can I do?

Meanwhile, I think y'all need to know that our very own Naija talent, 9ice, was crowned MOBO Awards best African act of 2008, last night at the awards. Will get details and pix and more news when I sort this nonsense out...

Stay with me guys

By the way, Didn't Obama trash McCain at yesterdays final presidential debate? GO OBAMA! Hopefully, he's going to be America's next president...

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...