Bassinet Stability Solved!


posted by sooyup on

No comments

bassinet front view
I finished the final design on the baby bassinet I'm making tonight.  It needed a leg under it to stabilize it from under the matress but - how to do it so its adjustable?

brass knob
Well, most bed frames are between 4 to 8 inches off the floor with box springs usually running 7 to 8 inches - so I put a sliding leg on the backside with some nice drawer knobs that can be used as tightening screws to slide and tighten the leg so it doesn't move, while adjustable so that it can fit a variety of frames. 

If you've not followed this before, the flat part slides under the mattress on mom's side so the bassinet is exactly at mom's bed height and right next to her in bed, now the slider on the back adds support so even if she gets out of bed, it stays level.

I'm showing a picture of it here on the backside of the bassinet my daughter apparently decided to color on but it's not finished anyways - but now I know how to make these now and can make them in a larger number and have solved all the problems of them.  Anyways, I'm selling them as I make them now....

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...