My Lovely Weekend + Lost + Relationship Question


posted by sooyup

No comments

Sorry I've been missing in action since Thursday. I went for a weekend gate away with a couple of friends. They took me to Eko Tourist Beach Resort, Akodo, Lagos. I actually went with a friend whose friend manages the Resort, so imagine the special treatment. I had a great time there.

I hadn't been planning on going anywhere this weekend, but I can be easily talked into having fun and experiencing new thhings, so I went along.

Eko Tourist Beach Resort is actually located along the Lagos-Epe Express, about 40 minute drive from the centre of Lagos.

Knowing me, I enquired about the place and this is what I can tell you about it.

It's an Ultra modern holiday resort with 150 self-contained chalets, at the border of the Atlantic Ocean. It has a multi-purpose hall and restaurant. Great place to visit with family and friends.

I took my laptop along but unfortunately, there was no reception there, which was a good thing 'cos if there had been reception, I would have sat in front of the latptop instead of having all the fun I had.

The only but about the place was the mosquitoes. You can actually hear them electing a new president while others were planning a coup lol. With all the noise they were making, that could only have been what they were doing. But I didn't let that disturb my fun...


I brought along this TV series called LOST, and since I couldn't use the Internet, I watched it's season 1 and 2 on my laptop. Now if you haven't seen this series, you really have to go check it out. It's the best series since HOUSE.

Lost

Lost is an American television series that follows the lives of plane crash survivors on a tropical island, somewhere in the South Pacific. The show is filmed primarily on location in Oahu, Hawaii.

The show is produced by ABC Studios, Bad Robot Productions and Grass Skirt Productions and airs on the ABC Network in the United States.

Because of its large ensemble cast and the cost of filming in Hawaii, the series is one of the most expensive on television.

A critical and popular success, Lost garnered an average of 15.5 million viewers per episode on ABC during its first year, and won numerous industry awards including the Emmy Award for outstanding drama series in 2005 and best American import at the British Academy Television Awards also in 2005

The cast

Naveen Andrews portrayed former Iraqi Republican Guard Sayid Jarrah. Emilie de Ravin played the pregnant Australian Claire Littleton. Matthew Fox acted as the troubled surgeon and lead role Jack Shephard. Jorge Garcia portrayed Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, an unlucky lotto winner. Maggie Grace played Shannon Rutherford, a former dance teacher. Josh Holloway acted as con man James "Sawyer" Ford. Yunjin Kim played Sun-Hwa Kwon, the daughter of a powerful Korean businessman and mobster, with Daniel Dae Kim as her husband Jin-Soo Kwon. Evangeline Lilly portrayed fugitive Kate Austen. Dominic Monaghan acted as an ex-rock star drug addict Charlie Pace. Terry O'Quinn played the mysterious John Locke. Harold Perrineau portrayed construction worker Michael Dawson, while child actor Malcolm David Kelley acted as his young son, Walt Lloyd. Ian Somerhalder played Boone Carlyle. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Nigerian Catholic priest and former criminal Eko, Michelle Rodriguez as airport security guard and former police officer Ana Lucia Cortez, and Cynthia Watros portraying the purported clinical psychologist Libby.

Ok now I officially have a crush on Wale Agbaje. He played a role as Mr Eko and what you see him wearing above was how he was dressed through out the series until he was killed off.

He was the strongest man of all them survivors and played an incredible role as a soft spoken, intelligent, religious man who was also a cocaine dealer before crashing on the Island.

The best part of LOST was how Wale Agbaje used his influence to promote Nigeria, our culture and our Naira. I couldn't believe I was staring at our Naija 500 hundred naira notes. The cast (Mostly whites) kept mentioning Nigeria, Naira, Naija names...and I also saw a few Nigerian cast in that series to compliment Wale's role, he did well!

Meanwhile, I was on New Dawn with Funmi Iyanda on Thursday. I was a guest alongside top designer Frank Osodi and designer, make up artist Bayo Adegbe aka Modela. The topic was 'Modeling in Nigeria'. We only did a recording, I think they'll be showing the interview this Wednesday.

I hate being on Television. I hate being on TV. I hate being on Television.

I'm relatively a good speaker of English but when I'm sitting in front of a camera, crew, lights, microphone and the spotlight is on me, I forget words, I forget how to speak English, I don't hear myself speak, I' m too nervous, too self conscious. Kudos to those who live in front of a camera. It's not the easiest thing to do.

Anyway, for those who are interested in watching me talk on TV, watch Funmi's New Dawn on Wednesday...I think!


Also I got an email from a certain reader of this blog. Read and see if you can help out...

Linda, I have been reading your blog for a while now but have never commented. I guess I'm not very good at expressing what I feel inside. Your topic 'The right age for marriage' has given me a voice and I have decided to share my dilemma with you and the readers of this blog who I think are extremely intelligent and mature.

My problem is, I have been dating this guy for over five years, I am 29years old and I work at an Insurance company here in Lagos and My boyfriend is 37 years old and works as a stock broker. He lives in a four bedroom apartment and recently acquired a jeep. My boyfriend is very comfortable just like I am, our families are known to each other and we have many mutual friends, all of whom are married.

My problem is that for five good years, he has never mentioned marriage, not once. Like I said earlier he's 37, very comfortable and we've been together for so long. Why is he not talking marriage with me? He's been to see my family often but has never asked for my hand in marriage. Every time I mention it, he acts like he did not hear me. I'm 29 years old and sometimes I feel I'm wasting my time with him. What should I do? I overheard him telling his friend last week that he would get married when he finds a wife, does this mean I am not the wife? Pls post this question to your readers, I need all the advise I can get.

Yours
Worried 29year old

I'm not good at giving advice on relationships 'cos I'm new to it myself but here's what I can say. You've been in his life for 5 years, that should mean something to him. Personally I use all my options before giving up on something, so use all your options.

My advice is, Propose to him. Tell him you love him and want to spend the rest of your life with him. Tell him you want nothing more than to be his wife and the mother of his children. Tell him you want to take care of him and make him happy. Tell him your life will be incomplete without him in it...Tell him you want marriage.

If he says No...Then move on with your life
If he says he needs time....Give him time
If he says ok...problem solve

Love is the best gift u can give yourself. So don't give up on something until there's absolutely nothing to hold on to...

But like I said earlier, I'm not good at giving advice, so let's see what others have to say about this situation.

So please send in your thoughts.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...