Lagos State Governor speaks + Bishop T. D Jakes


posted by sooyup

No comments

Yesterday, the Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, said he gave no order to Police men to arrest anyone for indecent dressing. The Governor further said that if any police man harrasses or threatens to arrest anyone for indecent dressing, the person should copy the name and number on the police officer's uniform and report to police Public Relations Officer or the commissioner of police.

We can now heave a sigh of relief...hopefully the police will start behaving themselves.

But seriously, if the governor or commissioner of police didn't give such an order, why were the police men carrying it out? Someone in authority definitely gave that order...but I hope this puts an end to all the madness...and to all those who already shaved their dreadlocks and it's likes...sorry! Wink!



Bishop T. D Jakes
I'm Catholic. Always have been, always will be. I don't go to church as often as I would've loved to, but I've made quite an improvement in the last couple of weeks.

In the past, for some reason, I was never keen on listening to any preaching that wasn't coming from a reverend father...never been to a pentecostal church. It wasn't like I didn't appreciate them, it was just the way I was brought up, Catholicism and nothing else.

On Sundays in Naija, almost all TV stations show religious programmes...this time last year, you wouldn't catch me dead sitting in front of a TV to watch a religious programme but something has happened to me of late. Now when I see all this pastors, I sit down and listen to what they have to say. They always have a message.




So yesterday, I was over at a friend's house and he put this tape on and it was Bishop T. D Jakes. I've heard so much about him but never really thought twice about him, but boy when I listened to him yesterday...I was in another place...he brought tears to my eyes and steered emotions in me that I thought were long dead. He is one of the most powerful preachers I've ever listened to. I surprised myself by sitting down for over an hour..listening...to the word of God. It felt like he was talking to me...I heard answers to some questions I've had for a long time. He was talking and I was taking notes. Never has that happened to me!
T.D Jakes just doesn't talk about God, the scriptures, salvation, heaven etc...he also talks about how you can better your life, how to be successful, how to understand and love yourself better, forgiveness, love, sadness, unfulfilment etc...this guy made my day!

I'm talking about him 'cos I want y'all to discover him...he's not just a preacher, he's also a motivational speaker...he'll make you understand the way life works. You need to get his tapes and read his books...he has an anointing I haven't felt with any other pastor...

Bishop Thomas Dexter Jakes

He's the founder and senior pastor of the Potter's House, a non-denominational church in Texas

Here are some of his books
Reposition Yourself - Living a Life Without Limits
He-Motions: Even Strong Men Struggle
Ten Commandments of Working in a Hostile Environment
Promises From God For Single Women
Woman, Thou Art Loosed: Healing the Wounds of the Past
The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord
Maximize the Moment : God's Action Plan For Your Life
So You Call Yourself a Man?: Finally Devotional for Ordinary Men With Extraordinary Potential God's Leading Lady
His Lady
Daddy Loves His Girls
The Greatest Investment
Mama Made the Difference

If you want to know more about this great man of God, google his name or visit his website at http://www.tdjakes.org/

I'm totally into this guy now...I'm buying his books and tapes and when next he comes to Nigeria, I'm gonna be wherever he's preaching.

Who else has felt his anointing?

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...