Baileys! + Naija Entertainment gist


posted by sooyup

No comments

Been MIA since Thursday! Very unusual of me. Sorry you guys, just had a million and one things to do this weekend. Most of the time I was working but I got invited to a party yesterday by my sis, Vera.

One thing I can say for sure about my sis is that she knows how to catch her groove. Me, I have no social life...I hardly go out...which isn't nice abi?

So I got invited to this party. I wasn’t going to go initially 'cos for some boring reason, I’m not a party person. I have all this invitation cards to events and they're just lying around in my office. But I have decided to start attending some of these events from next year. It’s probably good for the kind of business I’m into.

Anyway, I got convinced to go to the party when Vera asked me to bring some copies of my mag along. Some of her friends wanted to see and buy. I took 10 copies along, I went home with about 28grand. God bless Vera's friends. lol!

Anyway, so I got to this party with my hot model/designer friend Tunji and this is where the story begins.

Now I'm not drinker. I hate anything that has alcohol in it. I'm a strictly soda person. I don't even like wine...whatever colour it is...except...maybe fruit wine. I don't like champagne... I abhor spirits...but baileys, baileys, baileys...God forgive me! lol

If you want to kill me, lace my ice cream with rat poison...you can even tell me about it, and I'll still take the ice cream. That's how much I love ice cream... and baileys tastes so much like ice cream, right? (Ice cream. Irish cream...get it? lol) It has alcohol in it I know, but doesn't the taste just make you forget that?

Vera gave me a glass filled with baileys...with ice in it...lord have mercy. I know there's alcohol in it...but for about three hours (how long it took me to finish it) I didn't care...

...Until my phone rang at about 9:30 pm and my dad said something like 'get your ass home right this minute'...or something like that. I tried getting up and the whole room span around and around. I don't have a head for alcohol. Thank God I didn't take another glass. I doubt if I would have been able to drive myself home!

The smartest person in the world is that someone who invented baileys! Mix sweet and sour...and get people like me...to drink!

Anyway, I had me a fabulous weekend...hope you did too?

Last week I got three models who agreed to pose in bikini's for the third edition of my magazine. I actually thought I'd find it difficult to find girls to go semi nude. We are getting more advanced in Naija, thank God for that!

I did bikini in my time. 2000 edition of Silverbird International fashion show. The American choreographer, Juliet haggermann, had only three bikini's to display (there were 15 models) and she wanted the three best bikini bodies to wear them. She choose Blessing Ibiang (the girl on the mag 2nd cover), another model called Linda, and moi...wink! I used to be hot back then abeg. lol

So, I came on stage wearing nothing but a very scanty bikini...only thing was...it was shown live on TV...NTA I think. We were modeling in bikini in front of OBJ, other African heads of state, ministers, governors, the then Miss World, Yuktah Mukhi...

...and my mum was watching at home.

My father said the look on her face when I came out on stage...in bikini...was a Kodak moment. lol

My mum is a member of christian mothers in my church...get where I'm going? She had an ear full when she went to Church the next day. When I got back from that trip, she didn't talk to me for like 2 days lol!

I remember those days...

Like Bryan Adams sang, 'those were the best days of my life'

...the best-est is yet to come lol!

I feel like I'm just blabbing...right? I don't know...I'm just feeling really happy at this point in my life...

The only thing missing now is YOU! Come home soon!

Ok, let me see what Naija entertainment gist I have for y'all

Let me start with something religious.

The Experience
Date: 30th Nov, Venue: Tafawa Balewa Square, Time:8pm till dawn
Featuring: TD Jakes, Cece Winans, Tye Tribbett, Mike Aremu, Paul Adefarasin, Lionel Peterson, Muyiwa Olanrewaju, Marvin Winans, Don Moen, Kurt Carr and Asu Ekiye.

I've never attended any of these events but I would love to go to this one. If there's anyone going, pls hola at me, so I can come with you. I'm serious! I want to meet T D Jakes! Just don't wanna go alone.

Chude wins NMMA
Also our own Chude Jideonwu won the Nigerian Media Merit Awards, hosted by the Osun State Government on the 17th of November 2007. The RedSTRAT Creative Director, Chude, was named the Entertainment Journalist of the Year, for selected copies in market leader, True Love West Africa.

The youngest recipient of the 2007 NMMA, at 22, Jideonwo, who also got called to the Nigerian bar just two days before the awards, is a prominent freelance writer whose by-lines can be found in Time Out, Made, Farafina. Thisday, The Guardian amongst others.

They say Basket Mouth is getting ready to say I do to his sweetheart, come early next year...don't know if it's true o...Encomium mag said it.

I will be back with more Naija gist...I gotta run! Be back soon!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...