Who has the rights to the pictures? + Genevieve Magazine Pink Ball pictures


posted by sooyup

No comments

If you take yourself to a studio, and PAY a photographer to take pictures of you; who has the rights to the pictures? The photographer who took it or the person whose image was taken?

In all my years of modeling, I never had any photographer tell me I can't use my own pictures without their consent. A lot of models tell me that some photographers do that to them and I sincerely used to think they were joking...well it jokingly happened to me recently.

I took some pictures recently and the photographer tells me I can not use MY photographs that I PAID for without his consent. He calls it his intellectual property.


I'm looking at him like you have got to be kidding me...I AM your intellectual property? Somebody get me out of here...;)


I preach RIGHT OR KIND and I believe so much in it, but this time I wanted to Kindly slap his face...;) but instead I said 'How about I use my pictures for whatever I want to use it for...and you sue me?"

He eventually consented and now I have full RIGHTS to my OWN images. Isn't he so kind? lol

But seriously, a lot of models are faced with this problem, and when they come to me, I really don't know how to react to it. I sincerely don't think the photographers have any rights to the pictures but I might be wrong, so I really want to know. Do they? Especially when you paid them for it?


Genevieve Magazine Pink Ball pictures

The annual Genevieve Magazine Pink Ball held last Saturday 23rd May

Check out some pictures from the event...



Grace Egbagbe, Florence Ita Giwa, Funmi Iyanda, Genevieve Nnaji


Betty Irabor, Eyimofe Atake and wife Dorothy and Kate Henshaw Nuttal

Pics thanks to celebratingjustu.blogspot.com

Will get you more pictures later...


Photo of the day
Linda's new gadget...
Shizeeeeehh!!!! ;)


A few weeks back, a very good friend of mine said 'You're always on the internet Linda, let's get you an internet phone'.
I got it today!
A T-Mobile G1 phone with Google
I can't get over it!
I'm now a confirmed gbo gbo bigz girls
You know, as in, it's like, I mean...
lol

Naija Ent. news coming next
Stay with me people
Catch ya...larer...
Kisses!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...