"Why I am divorcing Funke" - Femi Kuti


posted by sooyup

No comments

"I am divorcing her to protect my side of my inheritance, because I have five children. I have to protect the interest of my children. Since we are still legally married, what if I die today? The law will favour my wife. If I don't divorce her, my children may suffer. What if I die and we have not divorced and then she comes and claims everything? The other children will not get anything and there will be a big war in my family. I will be dead and my ghost will be saying don't fight, but they wouldn't hear what I am saying. We know it happens. My lawyer advised me to think of the future so I quickly regulate my will so no one can disturb my children. You know it happens in our country, when you have children from different women, there's bound to be stress. So I have to do my will and to do that requires a divorce." - Femi Kuti to Encomium Magazine

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...