Returned American Hikers Speak Out On Iranian Detention.....Sort Of


posted by sooyup on ,

No comments



I just really can't believe the naivete of these guys in the first place.  They assumed, as you read their story, that because they opposed the US's policy towards Iran - because they hated America - or were liberals - that they were special and were exempt from the rules of the world and therefore the Iranians wouldn't harm them or they wouldn't be in any danger.  Apparently it didn't work as well as they'd like.  Granted they got home earlier than if they'd truly been a spy for the US, but still, 2+ years because they were Americans....even though they were liberals.  Guess being a liberal gets you a "get out of jail alive after massive psychological trauma that will haunt you the rest of your life with physical ailments to follow and remind you of it the rest of your days" card.

I wonder what they learned out of it all. 

No disrespect, I'm just a blogger at this point relative to the story. Their experience was doubtless horrifying and here I am just making commentary at no expense to myself, but - I wouldn't be surprised to see them as activists on campus later teaching how this is the US's fault and getting book signing deals out of the whole thing.  I don't have a lot of respect for people who think and do things like they do/did and while I can't say they deserved it, I think I can say "they had it coming." 

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...