LEMAR...MY IGBO BROTHER


posted by sooyup

No comments

This is one guy I'm very proud of. For so long I heard he was Nigerian but did I believe it? It wasnt until I bought his latest album...The truth about love...and heard his intro, sang in the Igbo language, did I believe. lemar is Igbo? That's amazing. I'm mighty proud of you brother, for making it in an industry full of talent and extremely competitive.


There are so many questions I want to ask about this dude. Most significant of all is why he has never won an MTV Europe Award. Has he ever even been nominated? I know he has received MOBO and other unpopular awards but why not MTV? I won't mention the GRAMMYS' 'cos I heard you have to be practising your musical career in the USA for you to qualify for nominations. Lemar is a UK based artiste, doesn't that qualify him for nominations in the Europe version of MTV awards? Or are they saying his songs aren't good enough? As far as I am concerned Lemar is one of the best things to happen to the music industry not just in the UK but the world over. IF THERE"S ANY JUSTICE IN THE WORLD is one of the best songs i've ever heard in my life. What about TIME TO GROW, I BELIEVE IN THE THING CALLED LOVE, DONT GIVE IT UP or his latest efforts ITS NOT EASY AND LULLABY...this guy is a bundle of talent, with an incredible voice. And most importantly, he knows how to write songs. Lemar doesn't only deserve an MTV Award, he also deserves a GRAMMY. Or am I wrong? Has he won any of these awards before? If he hasnt, don't you guys think he deserves it?

To other questions, what is Lemar's real names? I've heard Obika but what is his surname?

What part of Nigeria is he from? I heard Abia state, is that true?

Where was he born? Has he ever been to Nigeria?

Lastly, when is he going to come to Nigeria to perform? That is one concert ticket I'll definitely buy.


obika what? Somebody tell me.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...