Go away, I'm married!


posted by sooyup

No comments

I'm always either driving or taking cabs, but occasionally I walk...long distances. I love walking, but don't do it often because I'm almost always on high heels. Imagine walking 20 miles on heels...your heels ankle will suffer for it.

So yesterday I had an appointment at Ogunlana Drive, which isn't very far from my office...not necessarily near either. I decided to walk there because I was in the mood to walk...ok sincerely...my car was messing up...so...(don't you just hate that?)

So here I was, above the knee figure hugging dress, cleavage in display, long curly hair (horse hair..wink!), 2 inches high heel, my signature walk...plus that pretty face? Please, men find that hard to resist...lol.

Most times when I'm walking, I get approached by men...I don't know about other women, but within 10 seconds of sighting a guy, I know whether I want to talk to them or not. If I don't want to talk to them, I find a way to get rid of them ASAP.

In the past I used to simply say "I'm not interested in talking to you", but they want to talk to you, so imagine the dilemma. Once, when I was a real biatch (I once was), I'll ask them if they think I'm in the same class with them..."Am I your mate?" I used to ask, and sometimes I won't say a word to them. They'll talk for like 20 minutes and I'll ignore them until they get tired or pissed off and leave. But some heady men don't walk away when you ignore them, instead they walk in silence with you, until when you can't take it anymore and you become very nasty.

Sometimes when the silent treatment doesn't work, I flag down a taxi and leave the scene, when I can't do that, I walk into a supermarket, a restaurant etc just to get rid of them.

Some men are so annoying in their manner of approach, their looks even turn you off, or maybe its the first word that come out of their mouth, sometimes it's the bad English or annoying accent...you just don't want to hear another word.

Some of them have wedding rings on their fingers and they are asking for your number? Those ones I totally ignore...pure waste of time!

So for several years, I kept coming up with several ways to get rid of these guys. Three years ago, I came up with "I have a boyfriend!". That didn't work. Some of these men don't care. That doesn't fizzle them.

Two years ago, I came up with "I'm engaged", that worked for a while, but after sometime, these guys wizened up. They look at your finger, no ring, they either don't believe you or don't want to know...they keep bugging till you almost tear the hair from your scalp.

So last year, I came up with the fastest way to get rid of unwanted attention. I started saying " I'm married". Oh that worked...thank God...immediately you say that they apologise and leave...oh it really did work...UNTIL yesterday.

I told a guy yesterday "I'm married!", he said "So?"

So? Like, is this guy shitting me or what? A women tells you she's married(Whether it's true or not) and you say so? Then he says "I have married girlfriends...can I have your number? Call you sometime?"

This guy is about to see another side of me...mennn!lol. I acted like a real married woman and gave him a piece of my mind...oh men..I turned on my bitchy attitude...it wasn't even funny!

I was so disillusioned because now I know that the 'I'm married' bit won't always work. So annoying!lol

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of these annoying guys in less than 20 seconds? Oh, by the way, the 'I have AIDS' doesn't work either...tried that once and the guy said..."oh, I'll take care of you" not even funny!

Anyone feeling me on this? Similar experiences? What do you do in a situation like that?

Tell us something.

Naija news and gossip coming tomorrow. Cheers!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...