Younger Men/Older women + Mariam Imran


posted by sooyup

No comments

In my modelling agency I do a lot of ushering. Events and weddings...most times I don't attend this weddings, I get my younger sis and another assistant who are in charge of the modeling agency to handle the selection of models, their costumes etc. But in the last one month or so, I've allowed myself to attend some of this weddings just to see how my models work....hmmm...this brings me to today's topic.


The last three weddings I attended...had older brides and younger grooms. Funnily, the three brides were bankers, one from an extremely wealthy family...and most of the guys were...young men from average homes.

I'm sorry to say this but the rate at which older women are marrying our young bobo's this days is alarming.

I'm trying to understand this trend. What do this young men want from this older women? What's the attraction? Why would a 25 year old man want to spend the rest of his life with a 40year old woman?...I'm not saying it's wrong but what gives? Older women love better? They take care of them better? Could it really be love?

My best friend marrying in November is marrying a woman older than him by a year. My cousin is dating a woman four years his senior...I know a few guys whose wives and girlfriends are much older...in fact, an old classmate of mine married a woman in her fifties. When I saw their wedding pix and the two of them locking lips...awww...it was painful to watch lol. He's just 29...looking for a better life...with a 50+ old woman...who has a four year grand son...tragic!

So here I was discussing the issue with one of the closest male friends...and he said you go where love takes you...apparently love took him to a woman two years his senior...not you too I thought! What's going on? Then he said older women treat their men better...excuse me? Older women treat their men better? Please someone tell me that's bull crap!

There are those who attach themselves to older women because of money...but what about younger men who have more money than the older women...like Usher...this can be called love right?

This Sunday, I went to the Island to shop with a friend. So we got to Park N rob Shop, and I was outside the store waiting for my friend to re-park his car when this very tall, drop dead gorgeous guy walked up to me.

So here I was sizing him up, thinking...what manliness...cute and all. He asked for my number, I gave him my card, I asked for his card, he said he didn't have one but gave me his number. He had a slight British, sexy accent...really cute!

We spoke for about 3/4 minutes...and I was blushing all through..imagine a shy Linda. lol! But there was something off about him...I just could not place my hands on it...immediately! As he was leaving, he did something that got my attention...I called him back and this conversation followed...


Linda "Can I ask you a question?"

Guy "Yeah! What's up?"

Linda "How old are you?"

Guy "21"

S-t-o-p t-h-e m-u-s-i-c...press rewind...did he say 21? I've been blushing for a 21 year old? Goodness gracious! lol.

Guy "hey linda, I got to go, I'll call you when I get home ok?" Then he made to leave

Hey, come back here...come back, come back! Linda "Excuse me...pls come"

The guy walked back to me

Linda "Please can I have my card back?"

Guy "Why?"

Linda "Because I'm 26 years old"

Guy "I don't understand!"

Linda "I'm 5 years older than you"

Guy "So?"

Linda "So, do you have an older brother?

Guy "Yes!"

Linda "Ok, how about you give my card to him and I'll give your number to my younger sister, she's 20!"

Guy "I'm interested in you not your younger sister"

Linda "I'm interested in your older brother not you"

Guy "Do you know him?"

Linda "No, but you can ask him to call me so I can get to know him"

Guy "My brother is 23"

Linda "Oh I see...too bad. You have an uncle? an older friend? Anyone at least 10 years older than you? You give them my card...don't call me." I gave him a peck and a wink and I got into my friends car and as we made to drive off...the 21 year old gave me...a middle finger...I waved back at him! The look on his face was hilarious.

I'm sorry, but I don't do younger men...I like them more mature, more experienced and you know more...lol

But seriously, what is it about older women that young men find attractive? Is it really love? Or is there something more to it?

Mariam Imran: World's youngest person to undergo double lung transplant


It is hard to believe that a year ago doctors gave this girl five months to live.

Today, after becoming Britain's youngest recipient of a double lung transplant, Mariam Imran is a picture of health.

The five-year-old was born with cystic fibrosis, a hereditary disease that affects the respiratory and digestive systems.

Last year her health deteriorated so much that she had to be given oxygen to breathe.

She desperately needed a lung transplant, but there is an acute shortage of donors among the Asian community

Although the recipient of a transplant does not have to be from the same ethnic group as the donor, people of the same colour are more likely to be a match.

Finally in January a donor was found and surgeons at Great Ormond Street Hospital performed the eight-hour operation.

Now Mariam is back at school, and running around with her friends.

After watching the amazing transformation in her daughter, Faaiza Dar, 25, is urging more black and Asian people to register as donors.

Miss Dar said: "You don't think you'll ever need to know about these things. But people need to have the issues around organ donation highlighted."

Mariam was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at three months.

Her lungs became covered in mucus, and she often struggled to breathe.

Last year, doctors gave her mother the news about her life expectancy.

"I was so scared," said Miss Dar, of Blackburn, Lancashire. "I was shaking and I cried a lot."

Four months later, however, an organ was found and the operation went ahead. Four weeks after that, Mariam was moved to her local hospital where she stayed until April.

"She didn't used to speak very much because she got out of breath easily, but now she's picking up on everything and full of life," said Miss Dar.
"I still wrap her up in cotton wool and she tells me off."

Since the operation, an even younger child has had a double lung transplant.


Black and Asian people are three times more likely to need a kidney transplant than those from other ethnic origins. But they make up less than 2 per cent of deceased donors.

Do let me know what you think about older women/younger men. Cheers!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...