Lola Omotayo opens up on love affair with Peter of P-Square


posted by sooyup

No comments

I am going to bring you Naija Entertainment news later. For now, let's talk about the latest gist in town. Lola Omotayo is three months pregnant for Peter Okoye of P-Square. Lola is the Business Development Director of a Lagos based Marketing company.

She granted an exclusive interview to Encomium magazine's Leke Adeneye.
Excerpt:



In recent times, stories have been published severally about you being dumped by your boyfriend, Peter Okoye, for ex-Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria, Munachi Abii. How true is this gist?
Lola "When I read the story myself I was shocked. I was wondering and asking myself have I been dumped? But my relationship with with Peter is going extremely well. We don't have any issues. It's over three years and everything has been going well. Perhaps because a lot of people haven't seen us together, I haven't really been out with him for about a year until last Friday (SMVA) for personal reasons I just don't' want to be out there. Everything is going well with us"
How did Peter win your heart about three years ago?
Lola "My agency handles some of British American Tobacco brands and P-Square was doing a show for us at one of our events in Enugu. Though I had met Peter a couple of times before then, but at the show there was some chemistry. He asked for my number and I refused giving it to him. i told him if you really want to know me you have to find my number. So he took it as a task and found my number and the rest is history."
One of the things that shocked some people about the relationship is your age difference. How did you handle that when you were starting the affair?
Lola "Like I said, Peter is an old soul and he always tells me that I'm like a 23year-old. Age is just a number. Right now you can see it around the world. Demi Moore, Usher and some known people. Even in Nigeria here, they are dating people far older than their age. So we shouldn't base it on the age factor. He doesn't make me feel like he's younger than me. the age thing will never bother me."

One other factor most people talked about is that Peter may not be able to withstand your career profile and social status...
Lola "I disagree with that. Yes in the beginning, a lot of people and friends wondered what I wanted from this guy. Why somebody on that level? He's not on a bad level though, he's a human being first. And people trying to put us on different social classes make me very upset. Yes I've done a lot in terms of exposure and travels and all of that, but he's a very confident man. We've been together to places where we met with people who were elite on the really high social class and he doesn't feel insecure. Once someone can blend into my life and I into his, it's cool. I hang out with his friends and families and there are no issues at all."
So, if it has been rosy for over three years, what then has been keeping you away from the altar? He has mentioned his career, what would you mention?
Lola "The truth of the matter is that I'm not really particular about marriage. Marriage is not something you rush into. To me, it is over rated in Nigeria. here, they say marriage completes a woman, but I don't believe in that. There is so much that completes a woman and marriage is not it. I've never focused on that. I'm not the little girl who dreams of her wedding day. I'm not afraid to be alone. I pray, I am not going to end up alone for the rest of my life, I want a life partner. But the tag marriage is not something I think is the ultimate. I would take my time rather than rush into marriage only to later discover that it is not what to expect. And Peter as well is dealing with his own career and he wants to focus on that and you know maybe in a year's time I'd be ready to get married and if he's not, then we may get to go our separate ways. The truth of the matter is that marriage is not in the picture for me right now"
Why? What other completion are you seeking that makes marriage not a priority now?
Lola "For me I am contented being who I am right now. I am not going to come and beg and ask somebody to marry me. No. And also my criteria for marriage is a very strict criteria. It's not the usual girl's stuff like nice house and someone who can take care of you"
How long were you friends with Peter before the affair started?
Lola "Not that long. He was too fine so I had to kiss him. In the beginning we were coming from different walks of life and there were later adjustments. When I'm into something, I'm into it 100%. People just look at the social status thing. he’s an entertainer, she’s a career girl, but it’s not about that. He’s not the first artiste I’ve dated, not a Nigerian though, he was an international act”



He says he and Munachi are very good friends, how comfortable are you?
Lola
"He says they are friends and nothing is going on and I think she featured in one of their videos. I’ve met her. Yes, eventually I met Munachi a few days ago and I think she’s a really nice lady. I have not been in an environment where they have both at except of recent when I met her. Maybe the unfortunate thing is that I just got to meet her, otherwise if that is what he says, I just have to believe him and take his words until he is proven guilty”

We heard recently that you are now heavily pregnant for Peter and that both of you are expecting a baby soon, how true is this gist?
Lola
“Yes, it’s true. We are expecting a baby”

Should we then expect other things like engagement or a secret wedding between now and when the baby eventually comes?
Lola
“Let’s take one thing at a time. I think the focus should be on making sure that everything is okay with the baby first. I really don’t want to talk about my pregnancy now. And like I said before, it’s not about marriage now; the focus now is this (pointing to her protruding belly)

Peter’s Reaction to the pregnancy
Peter Okoye
“The pregnancy is mine and nothing on earth can make me deny it. After all I didn’t impregnate a street girl. The person carrying m baby is an independent and responsible lady who I love with all my heart. So the baby is mine and I am proud to be the father. As for marriage, I don’t have plans for it yet”

Annie Macaulay has supposedly lost her six months pregnancy for Tuface Idibia...I don't know how true this is, I only know she was shot at. Will bring you the details later.
Fela's son, Seun Kuti, has been arrested by NDLEA on drug charges...

More gist coming your way later...

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...