Increase in price of foodstuff + China Engrish


posted by sooyup

No comments

This is the third time my mum will come back from the market complaining. What's going on people? The price of foodstuff in Nigeria has increased by almost a 100% in the last two weeks or so.
A cup of rice that used to go for N80 is now N150.
A bag of rice that used to go for N6, 500 is now N12, 000
A cup of beans that used to go for N50 is now N80
A pack of Maggi cubes that used to go for N180 is now N250
A bottle of groundnut oil that used to go for N140 is now N250
A tuber of yam that used to go for N200-250 is now N350
A bag of pure water that used to go for N70 is now N100
While a sachet of pure water that used to go for N5 is now N10.
What is this?

But then someone told me it's not only in Nigeria that this is happening. Is it true that the price of foodstuff has increased in most parts of the world? Are you experiencing it too in your country of residence? Is this temporary? If this is going on in most parts of the world, then what the hell caused it?

The problem with Nigeria is that once a price goes UP, it never comes DOWN
How will the less privileged people survive when they can't even afford a cup of garri? This is not funny o...and there's even no salary increase.

What is going on Mr President? This is not what you promised us o.

On a lighter note, let the Chinese people entertain you...hilarious!

CHINA ENGRISH...enjoy!


And if you're dead, please get to a hospital...


A difficult meal...


Other children are OK...


I think it was that 'screw you' comment...


Start with the big toe...


Are you smiling?



Well, it is free...


That would explain the beer cubs outside...


Flavor with heart...


Falling should be planned...


I told gramps to use protection...


Plenty of meat for everybody...


Got too many kids?


Ouch!


We really never know what kind...


I wouldn't dare...


No crack?


How do you do? lol...lol..lol


Translation: 'no parking on bicyclists at any time'


Thank you for open!
This cracked me up so bad...lol


One lump or two?


Operators standing by....lol


Stylist Ben Dover at your service...


Yeah, cheated out of breathing...


New in this section: 'Bowling with Bilbo'


The pool man is gonna freak...


Damn, these fireworks reek....


Press it because you want to....


I'll keep a look out....


I give my life and my company, but they just keep demanding more...

LOL. These Chinese people have got to be kidding me! Had fun with this. Check out more fun stuff here http://engrish.com/

Photo of the day

Halle Berry's first public appearance since giving birth. She's still the most gorgeous woman in the world...after Aishwarya Rai Bachchan?...no? yes? yesno? lol.

My mag's 3rd edition should be hitting the stores on Monday. I'm picking it up tomorrow afternoon. If I get there tomorrow and don't get my magazines, I'm exchanging blows with everyone I see there. From the security man to the MD. They're all going down. I swear I'm going 'Jackie Chan' on all of them. I gave them the mag to print in March and they said it would be ready in two weeks, this week will make it five weeks...isn't that so annoying?
Let me get there tomorrow and not get my mags...we'll see who will land in the hospital...ME or THEM.

Just kidding, I'm not that violent...lol. But I should be picking it up tomorrow. Hopefully!

Meantime here's a new blog to check out...http://www.shonavixen.blogspot.com/

And if you want know who the 100 most beautiful people are, check it out here http://www.people.com/people/package/0,,20193583,00.html?cid=redirect-mostbeautiful/

Kisses!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...