Bridesmaid Dress: Who should pay for it? + Celebs: Then and Now


posted by sooyup

No comments

Who should pay for the bridesmaid dress? The bride or the bridesmaid?




I haven't been to a wedding since....2006 ;)

I'm such a weirdo huh? I've provided ushers for many weddings but I never show up at these weddings...my lil sis handles all that.

Now I've only ever been a bridesmaid just once, in 05 and I remember thinking it was weird that I was asked to pay for the bridesmaid dress. The worst part was that the bride picked one of Naija's top designers to make the dresses, and the designer charged us (the bridesmaids) more than I would ordinarily pay for a dress. I remember feeling so annoyed that I had to part with all that money...for a dress...lol

So now my younger sis is supposed to be a bridesmaid for one of her friends but she told me this morning that she's pulled out of it.

Why?
The bridesmaid dress will cost N10grand
My sis says she can buy at least two pairs of jeans and two tops with N10grand
LOL
She doesn't think that she should be paying for the dress...
Her friend, the bride, thinks she should be paying for it since she won't be returning it.

I understand when the bride can't afford it really, but when you can, shouldn't you pay for it?
Please who should pay for the bridesmaids dress? The bride or the bridesmaids?
What do you guys say?

Meanwhile check out the Then and Now pictures of some of the world's most celebrated women.

Michelle Obama

Oprah Winfrey

Jada Pinkett Smith


Jennifer Hudson

Janet Jackson


Vanessa Williams


Mariah Carey

Halle Berry


Queen Latifah


Beyonce Knowles
Amazing transformations!

Thoughts?

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...