Why did the chicken cross the road?


posted by sooyup

No comments

I have a friend who's 29 years old. She's a wife and mother of three. Her oldest is 5years old.

I am 29 years old. I thought I would be married and already a mother at my age...but I'm not even close to getting married. My situation doesn't depress me...at all...but I think about it a lot. And every time I think about it I ask God and life the millionaire naira question that confuses you more than answer your question, WHY?

Why am I still single when most of my friends and colleagues are married? Why am I not settled at this age?

But then yesterday I went to visit a close friend of mine who has stroke. (Those who know him know who I am talking about). He can't talk and half his body is paralysed. And as I sat there holding his hands trying to hold back the tears, I asked myself that million naira question again...WHY? How can a forty two year old man have stroke? A vibrant, lively, hardworking, fun-loving man who loved life so much, have stroke at such a young age? How can the hands that is his source of livelihood be paralysed? Why do things like this happen?

He must have read all the questions in my face 'cos he held my hands with his good hand, looked at me intently, and shook his head like he was saying 'I don't know how I got here', or maybe he was saying 'that's life for you?'

I've been thinking about it since yesterday...WHY do things happen the way they happen? How many times have you asked yourself that question, trying to make sense of a situation you are in, racking your brain to find answers to these life mysteries.

Why are you 35 and still single? Oh you are even alive? Yeah well, Youth Corper Grace Ushang was raped to death in Borno State for wearing trousers.

Why is your business not as successful as you thought it would be? Oh you even have a business??? Yeah well I know someone who's been looking for a job for over three years now...care to help?

Why are all your mates buying expensive cars and you can't afford one? Oh you can drive? Yeah well, my friend with stroke just wants to be able to walk again. And maybe speak again...hopefully one day be able to use his hands again.

So why are you in your situation? Why am I poor? Why is he rich? Why did he die so young? Why am I not able to have kids? Why can't I find happiness? Why am I not able to pass JAMB? Why do I always fail? Why doesn't he want me? She helped build the church, why was she assasinated there? Is God watching? Why is he allowing these things to happen? Why do bad things happen to good people? Why is the sky blue? Why did the chicken cross the road? Oh that I can answer. The chicken crossed the road to get to the other side. But why did it want to get to the other side? What was there? Another chicken perhaps? Food maybe?

If anyone knows this answer please tell the rest of us mere mortals...'cos we can't figure it out and we'd really like to know.

Isn't life such a mystery? Are we ever going to figure it out?

NB: I don't know if I made any sense...there's so much I want to write but I can't seem to put them into words...my head is full.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...