'Kidnappers haven't invaded Lagos' Police PRO + My robbery story!


posted by sooyup

No comments

Samuel Jinadu
"There is nothing like that in Lagos. It is just a ruse. It is false alarm. Kidnapping is not the order of the day in Lagos. There maybe an attempt. I remember there was a case of one business man that they attempted to kidnap and we paraded the suspects before the press. So, it is not normal to say there's random kidnapping in Lagos. Police are up to the task. There should be no fear whatsoever. People should sleep with their two eyes closed. They should be free to move about and pursue their legitimate duties. We will continue with our stop and search and we will comb everywhere. No cause for any fear at all." New Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Samuel Jinadu

No cause for fear in Lagos? I hear you, Mr Public Relations Officer. I was almost robbed in traffic on Tuesday night, 9pm, around the Mile 2 area, on my way back from my TV show auditions. The lone robber put his hand around his belt area and asked me to wind down my car window or else... So guess what I did? I calmly put my car in reverse and drove back, slightly bashing the car behind me. As the driver of the car (a man) came out to inspect the damage...the robber disappeared. I've been robbed a few times in traffic in Lagos and decided to implement this strategy whenever I find myself in that situation. Either I slightly hit the car in front of me or the one behind, to get their attention, otherwise no one's going to come to your rescue.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...