Anchors Aweigh!


posted by sooyup

No comments

I had another dream that I was back in the Navy again last night, only remembering it now.

I loved our Fine Fine United States Navy.   Some may call me "Swabbie" but the Navy patrols and fights where no other can even think to - out at and under the sea.

what I was on last night.....at least it wasn't a carrier.....this time...
At any rate, this time I was on an Aegis class Cruiser  We departed from Portland Oregon.  I thought we'd be home by dinner, but I didn't realize I was being recruited from Portland but we were to be home-ported out of Long Beach, California. 

I had a few phone calls to make after we got into port.  

Washing your clothes - your civvies - on a ship is always a pain in the butt unless you're friends with one of the SH's, or Ships Servicemen who do the laundry.

All I really remember was we were running heavy and low in the water, but very maneuverable and had a female skipper and we were running through some ROUGH storms.....and I wasn't going to see my family for a long long time once we cast off and set sail.   Even though it was a dream, I did enjoy being on ship again for a while.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...