Throw The Bum Out! Al Jazeera Banned from Texas High School Football Game


posted by sooyup on

No comments

One of Al Jazeera's (AKA the intelligence and propaganda arm for Al Qaeda) reporters in Texas wanting to film a football game and do a report on the impact of 9/11 on life in America claims he was told he couldn't do a story on the High School.

For those who haven't, I've followed Al Jazeera just to see what the hype was about it and it is in fact a propaganda arm for Militant Islam - perhaps not in office - but in function.   Skewed with stories that slander American Soldiers' and their sacrifice, lies about America's (nonexistent) universal hatred for Islam and Muslim people and our general filthiness that one would obviously expect from an "infidel nation" - the Texas High School did well to disinvite the young reporter.  How else could a news network be allowed to broadcast in that part of the world openly under all the dictatorships and regimes that exist over there?

The thing that troubled me with the story was the man's sense of entitlement to the story.  Here he wants to do a story on the impact of 9/11 on America - gets a story on it - and then gets pissed off when he sees what the effect is. 

Then, in his article, he goes on in a condescending tone to/about the very people he wanted to interview - further fulfilling the mission of Al Jazeera - to slander America.  No understanding.  No insight.  No nothing. Never mind the fact that he was Hispanic, in Texas, and according to him, there were no problems with him until he claimed to be an Al Jazeera news reporter.   Here's part of his account of his encounter with the superintendent.


He then hands me back my business card – a true sign of patronising disrespect. I hate you so much and think so little of you; I don’t even want your dirty business card.
As we both turn away from each other to walk off, I am pretty sure he said, “I guess you can stay and watch the game if you want, if you wish.”
That was sort of like telling your neighbour: “I made lasagna, I put rat poison in yours, so come on over as we’d love to have you for dinner!”

Yes....lots of understanding here.  Instead of documenting the impact, he reverts to playground school-girl insults. 

Here's more:

I guess I could have snuck back in and secretly filmed with my Blackberry. I could have went back in with a camera rolling and confronted Mr Lee, which would have certainly got the classic shot of him putting his hand in front of the lens of the camera and likely provoked him to call the local sheriff. It would have turned into the largest scandal Booker had likely ever seen. But I quickly decide against it, not wanting to make a mockery of 9/11 just for a cheap TV confrontation trick. That was not my objective going in, and wouldn't be my objective now.
But what about my three bucks?
I wonder what the refund policy is here in Booker if you get kicked out of a high school football game?
I thought about asking the ticket guy for my three dollars back, but thought better of it. It was an easy call.  
Plus, if the fuel pump blows on the school bus, I, at least in good conscience, will know I did my part.

 We all have these feelings when we get trod upon, indignation - the "I COULD have" syndrome.  But, when you're a journalist who's doing an investigative report - you blow your cover as to your intentions when you actually write about it.  About how you could have harmed someone.  About how they don't know who they are messing with.  

Then the classic, puffed up martyr syndrome about how rotten he was treated but he sacrificed his $3.00 for the school because he truly cares and hopes carma comes around.  Its all about him. 

Here's the carma - someone writing about you like you wrote about them while you pretended to care and help and want to do a serious bit of work but you're really just a Middle Eastern version of tabloid sleaze.

Here is the superintendant's response to the reporter though, part of it anyways, which supposedly can be found on the school's website, but I was unable to locate the link, and I copied and pasted the below from Al Jazeera.  After relating how the Superintendant was a bit distracted because two elementary school students had not arrived home and he was busy handling several problems, as well as disputing the accounts posted by the "journalist" he shared the following:

I would not have changed my mind about allowing you to just drop by and interview people and film our students. We did not have prior notice and we certainly did not have time to verify who you were. (Underline added by me) Also, I would have asked you not to do those things at a public event, on public property and at a public school function.
 If you had done these, then the FERPA rights for our students would very well have been violated, especially for the students whose parents have signed papers not allowing the pictures of their children on the web.
I do regret however, that you did not return to talk to me more, or “confront” me as you stated in your blog. I think we would have enjoyed a nice conversation. 
Booker is a community that has accepted diversity for decades, including many different faiths. I am sitting here listening to the music from our annual “Fiesta Night” that celebrates the unification of the many cultures that make up our community.
Michael Lee
  
Mr. Lee also asked how in the world he could get what he did out of his business card being returned.  I totally can get how you would get that!....if you're a thirteen year old in a popularity contest who's feelings are easily hurt.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...