Sickle Cell Anaemia: The Eucharia Anunobi story + others


posted by sooyup

No comments

Reading Encomium magazine yesterday, I saw an interview granted by one of Nigeria's most talented actresses Eucharia Anunobi. In it she announced that her only son, Joshua Ekwu, has sickle cell anaemia.


Hear her...
Q: Lets share your challenges as a single lady
Eucharia "My situation is a bit complex. I don't know how to say this. My case is deep. It is not just about being a single mother. I don't know if this is the right place to say this but mine is more trying. Mine is heavy. You know why? Because my son has sickle cell anaemia. Unfortunately that is heavy. Sometimes the tears...please, I don't want to talk about it. I has not been easy. I am sure you understand. It is not easy when your child is SS. I have God on my side. He has been my helper and my strength"

Unfortunately she didn't say anymore about it. I would have loved to know how she found out, what she's doing to keep him healthy, the real challenges of taking care of an SS child etc...but the journalist asking the questions didn't ask any of this, he kinda seemed more interested in her broken marriage and run away husband.

This is one of the reasons I want to do a talk show someday. Have people share their experiences, so some of us can learn from it.

If this doesn't teach us anything at all, it should teach some of us who haven't had kids yet to check our blood type/group? before getting married or having a baby by a man.

What more can you say about this? Any expert in the house? Please tell us more about this blood disease.
World's dirtiest cities: Port Harcourt Makes the top list
Meanwhile our own PH city has been named one of the dirtiest cities in the world. Most of the dirtiest cities are in Africa. Surprised? See the full list below.
No. 1: Baku, Azerbaijan Health and Sanitation Index Score: 27.6
No. 2: Dhaka, Bangladesh Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 29.6
No. 3: Antananarivo, Madagascar Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 30.1No.
4: Port au Prince, Haiti Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 34No.
5: Mexico City, Mexico Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 37.7No.
6: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 37.9No.
7: Mumbai, India Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 38.2No.
8: Baghdad, Iraq Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 39No.
9: Almaty, Kazakhstan Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 39.1No.
10: Brazzaville, Congo Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 39.1No.
11: Ndjamena, Chad Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 39.7No.
12: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 40.4No.
13: Bangui, Central African Republic Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 42.1
No. 14: Moscow, Russia Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 43.4No.
15: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 43.4No.
16: Bamako, Mali Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 43.7No.
17: Pointe Noire, Congo Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 43.8No.
18: Lome, Togo Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 44.1No.
19: Conakry, Guinea Republic Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 44.2
No. 20: Nouakchott, Mauritania Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 44.7
No. 21: Niamey, Niger Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 45
No. 22: Luanda, Angola Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 45.2
No. 23: Maputo, Mozambique Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 46.3
No. 24: New Delhi, India Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 46.6No.
25: Port Harcourt, Nigeria Mercer Health and Sanitation Index Score: 46.8*

Chris Brown and Rihanna holidaying in Jamaica!


I totally approve...lucky dude!

Chinese Fend Shui Horoscope
It seems most horoscopes are for single or working people. Still, some of these may come true.This is a Chinese Feng Shui Horoscope.
Take a moment to take this test! If you are honest this tells the truth, it's pretty accurate.
Write your answers on paper. Find out your horoscope at the bottom.
1. Which color is your favorite color: Red, Black, Blue, Green or Yellow?
2. Your first initial?
3. Your month of birth?
4. Which color do you like more, Black or White?
5. The name of a person that is the same sex as you?
6. Your favorite number?
7. Do you like California or Florida more?
8. Do you like a lake or the ocean more?
9. Write down a wish (a realistic one)

When you are done, scroll down. Don't cheat!
Answers:

1. If you choose:Red- You are alert and your life is full of love.Black- You are conservative and aggressive.Green- Your soul is relaxed and you are laid back.Blue- You are spontaneous and love affection.Yellow- You are a very happy person and give good advice to those who are down.
2. If your initials are: A-K You have a lot of love and friendships in your life.L-R You try to live your life to the max and your love life is soon to bloom. S-Z You like to help others and your future looks ver! y br ight.

3. If you were born in: Jan-Mar: The year will go very well for you and you will discover that you fall in love with someone totally unexpected.Apr-Jun: You will have a strong love relationship that will last forever.Jul-Sep: You will have a great year and will experience a major life-changing experience for the good.Oct-Dec: Your life will b e great, you will find your soul mate.

4. If you choose:Black: Your life is about to get better. You are more than ready for the change.White: You have a friend who completely confides in you and would do anything for you, but you may not realize it.

5. This person should be your best friend.

6. This is how many close friends you will have in your life time.

7. If you choose:California : You like adventure.Florida : You are a laid back person.

8. If you choose:Lake : You are loyal to your friends and your lover. You are very reserved.

Ocean: You are spontaneous and like to please people.

9. This wish will come true if you send this to 1 person in one hour.Send it to ten people and it will come true before your next birthday.
When I stand up for myself and my beliefs, they call me a bitch.
When I stand up for those I love, they call me a bitch.
When I speak my mind, think my own thoughts or do things my own way, they call me a bitch.
Being a bitch means I won't compromise what's in my heart. It means I live my life MY way. It means I won't allow anyone to step on me.
When I refuse to tolerate injustice and speak against it, I am defined as a bitch. The same thing happens when I take time for myself instead of being everyone's maid, or when I act a little selfish.
It means I have the courage and strength to allow myself to be who I truly am and won't become anyone else's idea of what they think I "should" be.
I am outspoken, opinionated and determined. I want what I want and there is nothing wrong with that! So try to stomp on me, try to douse my inner flame, try to squash every ounce of beauty I hold within me. You won't succeed.
And if that makes me a bitch , so be it. I embrace the title and am proud to bear it.
B - Babe
I - In
T - Total
C - Control of
H - Herself
B = Beautiful
I = Intelligent
T = Talented
C = Charming
H = Hell of a Woman
B = Beautiful
I = Individual
T = That
C = Can
H = Handle anything

Not my own words...just thought to share.

See you soon!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...