Is silence really the best answer?


posted by sooyup

No comments

I was accused of doing something...that I didn't do by the way. But instead of defending myself, I decided to ignore it.

Now I'm told the reason I kept quiet was because I was guilty. My accuser could not understand why I would not defend myself if I was innocent. I really am innocent...lol.

You all know I talk a lot but I just decided to shut it this time 'cos I believe that some things are best left alone, especially if it will lead to more anger and confusion. I also knew that whatever I said would be repeated and the nice thing about silence is that it can't be repeated...abi?

But my silence was misinterpreted. Now I'm told that if I had explained my own side of it all, it would have eased a lot of tension, and brought a calm end to the problem. (Hmmm, you are damned if you talk. You are damned if you don't talk).

So here's my question: When you are having problems with someone or you are accused of saying or doing something you didn't say or do, or they write some horrible story about you in the tabloid...you know negative stuff like that...what's the best reaction?

Silence because it's golden?
Or
Speaking up because you give yourself a voice ... and be heard!

What do you guys think?

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...