Charity begins at home by Eldee TheDon


posted by sooyup

No comments

Here is something rapper and producer Eldee Thedon wrote. I want you guys to read and tell us what you think afterwards...

Charity begins at home - Eldee Thedon 
























I received all your broadcast messages about Haiti but I'm yet to see anyone show concern for the people being slaughtered in Jos, or for the people who haven't had constant power nor clean water for decades, those who die daily in hospitals due to lack of proper healthcare, those who go to school and learn nothing because the education system has collapsed, those who live in the worst humanly possible conditions in the world...the average Nigerian.


I'm not an insensitive person, in fact I am very compassionate but it feels to me like we don't realize that we share the same conditions as the Haitians right now. For some reason, we can't see our situation as bad or maybe we have all subconsciously chosen to ignore it. I am not against compassion and support for Haiti, I'd just like for us Nigerians to look inward and see that our country also needs help in every sector. We all need a moment to notice how dilapidated our country's infrastructure is and how desperate we all should be for change.

Please donate to re-building Haiti but as you do so, think of what you can do to help Nigeria and Nigerians in need, there are as many as 60million of us living in similar conditions as Haiti right now. Some may argue that the two scenarios are incomparable but the hard truth is that the living conditions in Haiti today is as it has been for millions of Nigerians for over 2 decades. The world does not notice or highlight our issues because even we the people that are affected have become so used to it, we don't see it as a problem. I'm deeply saddened by the conditions in Haiti and I pray for God's sustenance for its people, but I have felt the same way about Nigeria for over a decade.
I believe we should all take time to reflect on the issue. It is for the greater good of our children and grand children as Nigerians.
***
 
Alright, what do you guys think of his stand on this issue?
And can we really compare what's going on in Haiti to our situation in Naija?
Pls let's know what you think...

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...