EARTH HOUR!!!! GET YOUR EDISON LIGHTBULBS HERE!


posted by sooyup

No comments




I understand tonight is Earth Hour. I am celebrating earth hour by doing laundry, making a Salad for tomorrow's Sabbath Dinner, and retiring to bed relatively early so I can arise refreshed for the church.
Morally, I'm a firm believer in conservation. If we look at the first three commandments given in the biblical account of the Garden of Eden (besides don't touch the fruit) they are: Be fruitful (be productive), Multiply (have kids) and Replenish the Earth (CONSERVE!).


Unfortunately political winds being what they are politically driven conservation isn't about conserving resources, it's about controlling people's lives - what they can and can't do - turning a nation into a snitch-state or a police state where you call in your neighbors for having extra chocolate hidden in a trunk under their beds for being enemies to the welfare of mankind.


No, conservation is about conserving, but it needs also to be about and add an element of  "minding your own business." I'm sorry but Congressman Wu, for all his accomplishments (including attempted rape before becoming a congressman) isn't intellectually witty enough to tell me what I should and shouldn't be screwing into my light sockets (unintended pun a bonus product of the sentence - at no extra charge!).


Anyways, tonight, I thought I'd celebrate a little American Excellence and remark that in our conservation and wise useage of our resources, I think I can safely say we are fulfilling the first of the three edicts given in Genesis. We can do better however and that's something else America excells at - we tackle our weaknesses and are a cleaner, safer, wiser and yet stronger nation in so many ways than we used to be.




I'm not advocating we ride donkey's to work, and I don't believe in man-made global warming, I'm just saying, we are cleaner, and we should be, but not because the government forces us to, nor should we make it our business what light bulbs someone else uses.



So for earth hour, I'm contributing to the economy and keeping thousands of PGE workmen employed by continuing life as usual. Tomorrow is the sabbath anyways and one seventh of my life is spent refraining from a lot of wasteful activities anyways, spent home with my family. I was on top of it long before the greenies came along anyways.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...