posted by sooyup on

No comments

I'm in Washington D.C. for a few days. While I'm here, my wife is participating in some research for muscular dystrophy. I have very high hopes that a cure for her will be found but if not a cure perhaps we can contribute to the knowledge.

However, with her participating in the research her name is getting out there and she is now sought after to be studied (more than if she hasn't had various studies already done).

At any rate, this puts us in Washington D.C. for the first time in my life. Never been here. First, this city has more non-white people (there's a giant MIX) than New Orleans NEVER did. This makes N.O. look like "whitey town" and NO is very diverse as well. Today I counted I think 15 people who were white during my 10 hour sojourn through the hospital campus. However, I'm happy to report that racial tension seems non existent. The people of the city are very kind and very helpful.

But besides this, with the health "care" bill (redistribution of wealth and destruction of American excellence bill disguised as care) being recently passed, the people in the hospital seemed bored by the protests at the capitol. Apparently protests happen all the time here. But more surprising than this (I would protest every day every thing all the time if I had the energy and money and time to do so....I would stand next to congressman wu and just yell 24/7 at him until he quit from exhaustion....what I mean is I'm surprised they aren't happening 24/7 for as much as I despise this administration's government) - the people at the hospital support the healthcare bill.

Now, if you work in a hospital, I don't imagine you run a private practice so much as work for a corporation so your intellect on what it takes to run a business is going to be a little less enlightened than someone who actualyl has to make ends meet. So....what do they know? I bet they put on their lab coats to stand behind obama and pretended to be doctors (they were RN's and CNA's and LPN's (Lets pretend nurses). I'm sure they know medicine, just stay out of business and politics is all I can say.

While my wife was being tested today, I was being tested too! I had to do a squeeze-o-meter, a breath-o-meter (I blew a .000 BAC - WHEW! was worried the Khaluah I drank in 1992 or my nyquil habit were going to haunt me) and actually maxed the gauge out on my lung strength, pegging the needle. Not sure if that's from Boy Scouts and blowing on camp fires for years as a substitute to good firemanship and being too lazy to go find enough wood to actually make a self-sustaining fire (the forest is never in any danger from Scouts who are too lazy to build a good fire) or from playing trumpet.

However, I couldn't quite do a situp. Not without my feet pinned. Anyways, I have no dignity left from the navy anyways (it's GONE, they dug up the roots even and burned and plowed the field where my dignity grew) so I have these two girls crawling all over me in various poses testing every single freaking muscle on my body for a couple hours. Glad I took a shower. Glad it was two females because I don't know if I could have handled a sweaty guy doing that to me....okay, I have a bit of dignity left.

Anyways, the city is amazing. I saw the president's helicopter take off from the capitol today and have now seen the capitol (It's HUGE) and the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial and some parts of the city that really look like they go back to about 1600 something. About the only things we have that do that in Oregon are trees (the ones we haven't chopped down).

Ticked because my freaking headphones apparently were mistaken as dirty laundry and got taken out by the maid and had to buy new ones, but don't know if I can crash out to Bourne Ultimatum (the only DVD I brought with me) another time.

Will see what tomorrow brings.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...