Blacks Losing Majority Status in DC


posted by sooyup on ,

No comments

Why is it I have to call them "African Americans" - and it's generally poor taste to call them blacks - when nobody calls "whites" Caucasians - is it poor taste to refer to white skin color?

I don't really care - I just am asking the question.   When I was a missionary for the LDS church - I remember calling some families in the ghettos of Baton Rouge and the little black kids might answer the phone - and you can tell what race people are (human race?) by their voice over the phone.  Didn't know that? Yes - you can.  Blacks' voices tend to be lower.  And yes, I've been made fun of for "talking like I'm white" (it is pretty funny to hear an impression of the way I talk done by those in the hood) or even overseas in Asia made fun of for my ROUND EYES ROUND EYES ROUND EYES!  But - I remember a little girl - maybe four - answering the phone and I asked to speak to her dad - he was a minister and she hands him the phone and says "It's a white guy."  Her dad was soooooo embarassed.  He said "We don't teach her that - I'm so sorry!" "And I was like....well....I am!  You CAN tell I'm white on the phone AND I'm not from the south."  I didn't get what the big deal was but I still remember it.  I hope nobody feels uncomfortable noticing I'm not from Africa.  Because I don't feel uncomfortable.  It IS my skin color.  And culture.  A lot of times people wouldn't talk to us on the phone cuz we's white so I did learn to sound black on the phone though - next thing I knew I had girls jumping over the phone to talk to me about a missionary appointment cuz I sounded like their boyfriend Rasheed or something. 

Anyways, there are more Hispanics growing in the US and more Asians than there are blacks and whites do what they always do.


I just wonder if black people are panicking and thinking "We gotta do something!" about it or if they even care....go make more babies?  While Planned Parenthood aborts more for FREE! 

The way racial issues are presented in this country its usually like the Caucasians are going to get their ass kicked when they are no longer the majority by our government etc.,

Let me tell you this though.  I'm an employer.  I'm a white employer / supervisor.  I've talked to other white supervisors at various levels at this company and other companies.  And I can tell you this.  We ain't got it so good.  The deck is stacked against us on matters of race and gender and sexual orientation.  Most of us are tired of it and are very aware of it.  But you aren't allowed to speak out about it either.  Bring it up?  Automatic allegations of you being a racist.  

My black employees called each other nigger on the floor of the workplace but then brought allegations against me for racism because I was holding people accountable for poor work performance.  You're automatically LEGALLY wrong on this issue if you're white.  Now we got a DOJ who's said they won't pursue cases against black people where white people are the victims (Notice the use of the word "people").  I'm sorry - but Dr. King's dream?  Lost.  He wanted people judged on the content of their character.  Not given money and jobs on the basis of their skin color.  Many of these people have unfortunately become so full of hate that they have become what they hated in too many ways: racist.  It's not "reverse" discrimination.

Liberty and Justice FOR ALL. 

I enjoyed my time in the service because color didn't matter there.  We lay down our lives for each other there.  And while racism is present in the US and it wearies me - it's nothing like the rest of the world where it is a way of life - but I do believe we can do better. 

Why am I writing about this?  Because I can.  Because I think it needs to be talked about.  People are too uncomfortable talking about it.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of currents in this country that take us places we don't want to go on this issue or make it feel like we're swimming upstream. 


http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/black-dc-residents-plummet-barely-a-majority/2011/03/24/ABtIgJQB_story.html?hpid=z2

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...