Nigeria's First Lady Patience Jonathan hands out envelop to female candidates


posted by sooyup

No comments

The wife of the Nigerian president, Patience Jonathan, on Wednesday night, played host to female candidates totaling 809, who made the Independent Electoral Commission’s (INEC) list for the 2011 general elections at the banquet hall of the presidential villa, Abuja. She then, through her group, the Women for Change and Development Initiative, handed out an undisclosed amount to the five female governorship aspirants, 88 women contesting for senatorial seats, 218 House of Representatives aspirants, and 493 state Houses of Assembly.

“I will give you my widow’s mite, no matter how small. Take it from me and my twin sister, the wife of the vice president, Mrs. Sambo. It is not much, but it is to encourage you. The little we have, take it with love and I wish you success,” she said. - 234next.

SMH!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...