Baby Bassinet Business?


posted by sooyup on ,

No comments

I am a religious man - a religious man with some rough edges - but a religious man nonetheless.  Tonight as I was praying about life in general, a thought came to me.  I've been working on a couple projects, one of which is the baby bassinet which you've seen me post pictures of, I've got the top part of it stained, and am about finished with it - though it's at home and I'm out here so it will have to wait a week.  At any rate, it was going to be my first for me, but I think I'm going to just sell it, build another for a friend, and then start building my own, and then start building them period as I can now do them in an evening or two now. 

The other thing I was working on was custom woodcrafted ant farms like the one I posted a while back.  I'm thinking that baby bassinets will have a larger more positive audience than ant farms after praying on the matter this evening. 

The wife wants a headboard built which I can very easily do now - she wants cubbyholes put into it for baby stuff - not sure how much headboards cost, but when you can custom build them the way you want?  Heck yeah!  That and we have a sleep number bed (I used to be their senior home delivery technician and have put in a few thousand of them, taken them apart, put them together, they *really* are what they say they are) so lets put a custom crafted headboard up while we're at it. 

Anyways, the materials to build the bassinet cost about $60, I could sell them for ~$100 I think as it is a novel yet high end quality item, just to get things going.  Maybe then even custom carve baby names into a little plaque to hang at the head of it all as well.....anyways, I think I've found what I want to do.  If only I was retired or something and could just putter away.....ah, never enough time in this life. 

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...