Doughnuts! From memory!


posted by sooyup on

No comments

I had to memorize this in the second grade some 30+ years ago and for some reason?  I still remember it. I don't remember what it was from other than I was supposed to recite it for something or other.  I was also Johnny Appleseed in our 6th grade play (YEAH JOHNNY!).  Anyways, I ended up reciting it tonight in a random conversation, so I thought I'd post it here just because it IS kind of fun to say.....especially when you're in the second grade. (And I got little kids who'll love it - glad I remembered it). 

Sing hi-diddl-diddle
For a silly little vittle
Sing get-gat-gittle
Got a hole in the middle
Sing dough-de-dough-dough
There's dough you know.
There's no nuts
in you know whats.
In a whole doughnut
There's a nice whole hole.
When you take a big bite,
Hold the whole hole tight.
If a little bit bitten,
Or a great bit bitten
Any hole with a hole bitten in it,
Is a holey whole hole
And it JUST - PLAIN - ISN'T!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...