Girly Men - Manly Girls and Chivalry?


posted by sooyup on

No comments

Chivalry Lives!!!!

I found a great thought I just liked about the "middle ages" about women - (womenism?)  Feminism!

In the middle ages women were regarded and respected, and it noted that even Joan of Arc was given command of the entire French Army and that her down fall was political, not gender based, but anyways, there was also Elizabeth I of England......and others.  ANYWAYS, Chivalry required the utmost regard for women and held the saying that men and women were "Equal in dignity, different in function" whereas today it is "equal in dignity and function" (such an abomination).  

I try to imagine someone from the 1800's being alive in our day and wondering what they would think.....

Where I get my underwear in a wad is that in our fine fine US Military, women serve in so many front line positions in BATTLE and WAR (Fighter Pilots, front line ships, law enforcement and more!) but they have differing physical standards because women aren't expected to be as physically adept as men.....wait....WHAT?  We're going to war where speed, agility and prowess matter, and women are equal but don't have to have the same speed, agility or prowess as their male counterparts but are expected to do the job and keep their male colleagues safe?    I wonder if openly serving homosexuals will have differing physical standards as well......will they be girly men and manly women? I.E. male homosexuals will only have to do 5 pushups and run a 1/4 mile, whereas lesbians will have to (and probably volunteer to do) 500 pushups and run a 20 mile marathon for their physical fitness test which will be held every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and on every federal holiday and get free testosterone and steroid injections from their local military pharmacist....

We are here to PUMP! JU UUUUPPPPPP!
And yes I served with lesbians and homosexuals in the military....the lesbians all outranked me and I secretly think they were men while the homosexuals were nearly killed by the marines and I arrested two for giving each other head in the base gym at 2am and had to administer a breathalyzer after that and have them blow in my little handy computer and make sure I didn't touch the little plastic tube thingy they blew in.......

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...