Naija Entertainment News


posted by sooyup

No comments

Ok, let's do a bit of Naija Ent. News. I'm sure you've all noticed it doesn't come as often and as juicy as it used to... I'm just being careful so I don't get punched out in public..lol.

It's not much but enjoy...


Timaya's interview in Encomium by Femi Oyewale
I'm a huge fan of Timaya's music. I think he's very talented. I've never read any interview he granted until now...kinda enjoyed it...maybe you will too. Check it out...



Some people say you are violent, while others allege you are a militant, is it true?
Timaya "I used to have that arrogant look. At times I do it on purpose by 'boning' my face. When people hear of Timaya, they look forward to one matured boy, but if they notice that I am a small boy, they may want to take me for a ride, thus, by my expression, they will think I am tough"

There is the Bisi Ibidapo Obe Saga, we heard you promised to beat her up. What happened?
Timaya "It wasn't really a threat. I only said I will slap her. She lied. I am not forming. I went for AY Live and Ali Baba too was around. I was performing and I requested that a
lady should come on stage to dance with me. She came out by herself and danced with me. After the dance I went to grotto while she left with Princess (the Comedian). (There was then a rumour that they were dating). I was shocked when I read the report. I got her number from Princess and called her, she denied the story. I said let’s go to the press together because I have a girlfriend and our names are at stake. Imagine a Yoruba actress, not even a Nollywood actress”

It was also alleged that she was pregnant
Timaya
That’s not true. She’s in London at the moment”


You are reportedly violent and a militant. A case study was when you almost beat up a photographer
Timaya
How will you feel having a nice time at a club and all of a sudden you saw a flash? I was only being conscious because he was not putting on Encomium tag. I didn’t fight them, I only said, delete it! I told Njamah to pretend as if she was kissing me so as to know who actually took the pictures. He fell for the bait and I seized the camera.

Who is Empress Njamah to you?
Timaya
She’s just a friend
Timaya is such a character... :)
Moving on...

Louise Priddy weds Mario Bouhard in Lebanon – Adegbola Oni (Encomium)
The celebrated club owner who makes things happen at popular Bacchus Night Club has walked down the aisle with her love of many years, the wealthy Lebanese, Mario Bouhard. Those who know disclose that the wedding took place on Saturday 11th July in far away Lebanon, Mario’s country of origin. Wishing them the very best.

Miss Earth Nigeria
Ibinabo Fiberesima is planning another edition of her beauty pageant, Miss Earth Nigeria. It will hold on August 28 2009 in Port Harcourt. The theme for this year’s pagent is ‘going green’


Aki and Paw paw round off South Africa Tour – Uche Olehi
Abundantly talented actors Chinedu Ikedieze and Osita Iheme are back from their three weeks performance tour of South Africa. The popular entertainers shook the country with performances that attracted thousands of spectators and fans. They will be leaving for Ghana for another round of performance tour.


Lagbaja storms US - Azuh Amatus (Encomium)
The masked one, Lagbaja, is in the US. He travelled to shoot the video of his new double album; Paradise and Sharp Sharp.

Thunder destroys multi-million equipment at MITV - Azuh Amatus
Alhaji Muritala Gbadayanka, the owner of MITV and Star FM, is still counting his losses, following the terrible thunder and rough rain that gripped the city of Lagos some days back. The thunder storm was so heavy it destroyed some equipments worth millions of naira at the station.
Terry G opens studio - Chilee Agunanna

Singer and producer, Terry G, has rounded off work on his new multi-million naira recording studio in the Alagbado area of Lagos. The studio is a multi-functional audio-visual one where songs and commercials can be recorded. He revealed to Encomium mag that the equipments came in from UK, USA and Germany and are the latest version of their different models and that he can now compete with the best studios around the world. The studio will soon be open for commercial purposes.

Naija Best Body Pageant.
It will be a yearly beauty and fashion competition aimed at developing the future of the fashion and beauty industry in Nigeria.

The event in its maiden edition sets out to discover, and promote talented aspiring Nigerian models and fashion designers. We are equally creating awareness and working together to “COUNT MALARIA OUT” for the children of Africa, owing to the fact that 800,000 children die of malaria every year in Africa.

The venue will be the Oniru private beach off Ligali Ayorinde Victoria Island Lagos.
Date is 26th of July 2009.
Time 2pm prompt.

Quote of the day
Culled from Obama's speech to Ghana's parliament, on Saturday July 11, 2009.


"I am speaking to you at the end of a long trip. I began in Russia, for a Summit between two great powers. I traveled to Italy, for a meeting of the world's leading economies. And I have come here, to Ghana, for a simple reason: the 21st century will be shaped by what happens not just in Rome or Moscow or Washington, but by what happens in Accra as well.

This is the simple truth of a time when the boundaries between people are overwhelmed by our connections. Your prosperity can expand America's. Your health and security can contribute to the world's. And the strength of your democracy can help advance human rights for people everywhere."

Weep not Nigerians. Hopefully one day Obama will say the same thing about our country. If only we can get our current leaders to resign, buy a farm somewhere in their villages and leave us alone :-)

One na one day sha!
Later people...
Kisses!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...