Baby Basinet - Continued


posted by sooyup on , ,

No comments

Continuing to work on the Baby Bassinet at my wife's request.  It's done being assembled but not done being finished.  Next I have to put a bit of putty (SHUDDERRRRRR!!!!) on it and then finish sanding, routing a few edges and then staining it.  But here's some pictures of my handiwork so far now.

It's well done and some better tools could have resulted in better handiwork but for now this is some nice work given my limited facilities.




While I drilled the dowel pin-holes for the dovetailing first here, I found it easier to dovetail and then drill them after.

resting together not yet completely fitted

completely assembled
Anyone else find looking at someone else's woodwork boring?  If its not just me, raise your hand.....no seriously, I think I would find it boring if I was you....it's okay....go ahead and raise your hand....well, whatever, this is what I did with my sabbath day, build my child's new bed. Hope he likes it when he gets here!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...