I'm sensitive.....


posted by sooyup on ,

No comments

When I came home from my first military tour, I was shocked at how hardened I'd become.  My first assignment, if you couldn't run and didn't get lucky....you didn't survive.  To see women and children who survived landmine fields and being under fire......and to sleep in a "hot zone"....and then to come home to America and hear people cry because they had arthritis when I just had come from a place where there was no medical treatment and if you couldn't run.....you didn't live...... 

It has been well over a decade now trying to undo how hardened I used to be and much of it still isn't gone.  Something today made me think of this song and want to post it.   This is just a personal reflection of what I've tried to gain since the service....(Even though I'm not a girl as alluded to in part of the lyrics...just....focus on the parts that apply to me, okay? Or you.).

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...