Fashion - Do's and Don'ts


posted by sooyup

No comments

I am in an industry I'm extremely passionate about - The fashion, modeling and beauty industry. But then I went through my blog yesterday and realised I hardly blog about fashion, modeling or beauty...isn't that strange?

This is something I love talking about...My mag say FM&B (Fashion, modeling and beauty), so why doesn't my blog reflect that? Na only amebo I just dey here dey do...lol
From now on you guys will see a lot on fashion, modeling, beauty and health issues.

In fact I can safely say that this blog is about to get BIGGER, BOLDER & BETTER.
Lets start with fashion. I call this fashion do's and dont's
Over - accessorizing

Try and be as simple as you can in your dressing. Wearing many bangles, bracelets, necklaces, rings, belts, scarfs etc at the same time is a fashion don't. It makes you look like you're desperately looking for attention and it takes away class and style from your look. Instead...


Minimal accessories. Only things that go with what you're wearing.

Fake Jewelry

Fake jewelry is a no no. If you can't afford the original, then do not wear anything at all. Fake jewellery make you look cheap. Instead...
If you're wearing anything, let it be the real deal. There's something it does to your personality and sense of style

Black lip liner

This is a definite don't. I was once guilty of this. When lining your lips, avoid using a black lip liner as it makes you look clueless. Instead...

Find a colour that goes with the colour of your lipstick. Something subtle and sweet.

Micro mini skirt

Wearing a micro mini skirt make you look trashy. If you ain't performing on stage et al..then avoid it. It's not a look that tells a good story. Instead...

Wear an above the knee lenght skirt. This suggests a maturity in your sense of style

Very big bags

Alot of girls are guilty of this fashion faux. Extremely big bags are fashion don'ts. Except you are going for a weekend, or to the market, or a few days traveling and you don't want to carry to many luggages...but regular outing?...no, no, no. Instead...
Go for classy, chic bags that has alot of space in it and can take all your 'property'

Too tight clothing.
If you like fitted clothes like I do, it's ok...but please avoid clothes that are extremely tight. You will look cheap, trashy and shapeless. Some of us like to emphasise our figure, but don't over-emphasise it. Too tight clothing sometimes make you loose your real figure and expose some areas of your body people shouldn't even see. Instead...

Find clothes that fit your figure and brings out your shape.

Shoulder pads

I actually put this on my list because I saw someone wearing shoulder pads yesterday. This is old fashion and a definite no no in today's fashion. Leave shoulder pads for the base ball players

Over piercing
Some people do not have control over this. They don't know when to stop. If you must pierce, then do only the ears and belly buttons. Piercing the tongue, eyelid, upper ear, lower lip etc etc, is just not the way to go. Over piercing make you look like you have self-confidence issues and most people won't take you serious. There are definitely some places you can't enter with all that craziness. So avoid it.

I'll stop here today. I'll give you a part two in a few days. Hope you learnt a thing or two from this. Let me know what you agree or don't agree with.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...