Saint Obi quote


posted by sooyup

No comments

I wanted to give y'all Naija gists today, but I was very busy at work...so instead, I'll give you this quote from one of Nollywood's hottest actors, Obinna Nwafor, popularly known as Saint Obi. He secretly got married some days back...here's what he had to say about that...


Why the secret wedding?
Saint "The truth of the matter is this. I talked so much about my relationships and they never worked. Since then, I decided to keep my relationship quiet. And by the special grace of God, I'm not stopping on that path. With due respect to all my lovely fans out there, my mouth is shut."



How did he meet his wife?
Saint "Like I said, what is important to me is that something positive happened in my life. Honestly from experience, most relationships that are celebrated on the pages of newspapers don't really make it. Honestly, I want to make a success of where I am and one of the ways of making a success of where I am is to keep my mouth shut."

Why doesn't he want to talk about his married life?
Saint "Anybody who knows me well can confirm I don't jump here and there like most artiste. I let my work speak for me. I think sometimes when you are silent, you speak volume. What's important is what the focus is. It's not talking too much and at the end of the day, it's an empty drum."


I picked this portion out from his interview because he said when relationships are celebrated, it hardly works out. I totally disagree with that, more uncelebrated marriages are packing up everyday, but it's not on the pages of newspapers and magazines because they are not known, it's only the crash of celebrity relationships we get to hear about...but how many out of the several that we have?

Whether you talk about your marriage or not, if it won't work out, it won't work out. I don't think talking about it or not has a role to play in the success of any relationship and I also don't think it's a crime to talk about how you met your partner...what's the big the deal in that? But like they say, different strokes for different folks.

People let's talk about this...is talking about your relationship bound to make it crash faster than not talking about it? Please send in your opinion.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...