My Family: Meet the Jetsons Age....TOTALLY COOL!


posted by sooyup

No comments



Okay - I know we've had cell phones for a while now.  They were newly out when I was in the military - the military didn't require them but I wanted one - but when I got one I found out the military required you give them your phone number and be available at all times on it and you had to answer.  It was not worth having one in that case.  It was essentially the equivalent of PAYING to work more. 

Anyways, my family is now conversing from Oregon with the family in Florida - by Skype and video conferencing.

I just poked my head over to see my Brother in Law - CD on the video set.  WOW!  Okay - I know it's been out a while but - it's really the first time I've done this....and to think when I was a kid....James Bond with his teleconferencing and the Jetsons with their TV screens.....were a thing of the future and now....I'm in it!

Okay, so maybe it's not that big a deal.  But think of this, for all our technology and advancements - how many people actually contribute to these progress leaps....um, like less than 1% I think.  Most of us?  Just use it, tweak it out, and then act like the skillful inventor for having bought one and being able to tell someone else about it - like we're the inventor of it.  I'm sure the inventors appreciate our doing this however.

When I was a kid home-made radios could be made, then CB's came out and being able to talk on a CB was all the rage.....and now in my front room my wife and kids are talking on a pice of plastic that's about 1 inch thick on a flat screen and talking with family live real-time across the continent.

So - I just wonder how the world would have been different had these technologies been available way back when.  Napoleon with computer technology?  World War II with something better than "the purple machine"?   At any rate, it was really a trip to see my Brother in Law CD who I totally enjoy hanging with but haven't seen since 2008 Christmastime live all of a sudden.....along with the baby I haven't seen. 

So I know kids today will be like "Yeah, we know, yadda yadda" - but the things they may not be aware of is - this wasn't always available - and it was my generations that bought into it all and made it possible - so PBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPBPB! on them.

But still - such a trip!  Who knew! 

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...