New Use for Goats! Get Your Brush Clearing Goat Here!


posted by sooyup

No comments

Okay - nobody judge me because this is on treehugger.com or whatever it is - but - this is pretty sweet for using goats to clear areas where it's more disruptive to use heavy machinery or try to get permits and stuff.  Although I think that the reason for using them such as "fosters a sense of community as people come out to watch the goats" is really reaching for it.  I mean - I would probably stop to watch the goats with my kids because they would make me watch them - but I'm not going to want to form a relationship with some other dude who also stops to watch the goats without kids.....not happening.  Stand around and sing "Kum...ba....ya.....my goats.....kum...ba....ya......some goat's eating my lord.....kum....ba....ya....." while smoking a joint and enjoying a moment of transcendental meditation-ism.  Actually - I could totally see that here in the Portland area. 

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2009/10/rent-a-ruminant-goats-clearing-brush-photos-before-and-after.php

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...