And Then I Go And Spoil It All By Saying Something Stupid Like "I Love You"


posted by sooyup on

No comments

I think everyone was young and struggled to find the words to tell the Apple of Their Eye how they felt....and then after practicing it over and over again and lying awake for weeks on end, planning for the perfect moment to say it, and having the moment finally arrive and getting to at-last SAY IT....it ruined everything!  Or am I the only one that happened to?

I do know the neighbor girl had a crush on me, and when she finally spilled the beans to me and confessed her love, in my youthful ignorance and clutziness I tripped on it, stepped on her heart and accidentally broke it I think.  *sigh*.   Youth is wasted on the young. My mother saw the whole thing - it wasn't deliberate - but I sure got a scolding for that one. 

This originally was sung by Frank and Nancy Sinatra in 1967 - later re-done by Nicole Kidman and Robbie Williams. 

Anyways, great song with a great voice that captures a part of life I think we'd like to forget perhaps - though I really enjoy the SOUND of Robbie & Nicole's version (They went overboard with the video)



Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...