Sailor from Cornelius Oregon Killed in Action in Afghanistan


posted by sooyup on , ,

No comments

The Marines don't have medics. Every Marine unit has Navy with them as Hospital Corpsmen which puts a lot of Navy in the line of fire tending wounded in hostile situations.

We have a local hero here from Cornelius, Oregon, who's remains were returned after sacrificing his life for his country last Thursday in Afghanistan.  Currently his remains are at Dover AFB, but should be returning here in the near future. 

For what its worth, I've been to Willamette National Cemetery in Portland.  There are a very large number of fresh graves there from those who've given their lives.  It makes you think and wonder truly of the cost of freedom.

Is freedom worth it?  Having personally pulled bodies to freedom who nearly died trying to reach it, I can say - yes, I feel it is.

At any rate, Ryley Gallinger-Long's family has spoken to the media a bit in this article.  My friend/acquaintance, "Q" who operates www.afghanistanwarheroes.com and www.iraqwarheroes.com and has personally attended every single military funeral here on the west coast will be covering the funeral in the upcoming days. 



When I was 19 and headed into harm's way I thought of it just as a part of the job.  Now, as a father, I cannot imagine having to bury my son.  Nor as a husband can I imagine leaving behind a wife.

If you're interested in supporting keeping the memory alive of those who've died in the current conflicts, Q has a place you can donate on his site as his work is entirely supported by donations.  Or, if you wish to support the wounded warrior project you can click the link here.


Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...