Books I've Read: The Complete Idiot's Guide to the Middle East Conflict


posted by sooyup

No comments

This is perhaps one of the best books I've read that gives an overview of what's going on in the world with the mess in the middle east.  Easy to read, comprehensive yet not too in -depth but with a historical timeline as to who did what and who their relatives are I would recommend this book to anyone who's wanting to know what the heck is going on over there.

It coveres the Ottoman Empire, the French Colonization, the British Colonization, the Roman Empire, the conquest of Jericho, the Cold War and U.S. involvement, Israeli independence and conflicts for survival.  It's got it all. 

I can't say too much about it other than this pretty much sums it up.  That and you can see how much an idiot our president is for thinking he can magically deal with these people when they are the same ones that have been jerking the U.S. around since back before Carter and even back into the 1960's who were killing their own people for a chance to be president/emperor/king/head sultan/chief donkey trainer or whatever. 

The main thing I liked about it?  I finally knew what the heck was going on over there since our fine public school sytem never covered it and barely touched U.S. history while they were at it. 

If you want something done, do it yourself!  Don't wait for Obama to do it for you! (Actually I wouldn't even think of LETTING him do it for me.)

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...