EVERYBODY DRAW MOHAMMED DAY!!! (A commentary)


posted by sooyup

No comments

Story Here.

Respectfully to facebook and religious persons of all persuasions including Islam, I understand in Islam that it is considered blasphemy to draw pictures of Mohammed.  So there was an application on facebook that allows millions of people to draw Mohammed.

I imagine people would disagree with me but personally, as a man of religous conviction and standing in the community, this is just wrong.

I don't believe I should cater to Islam any more than I do any other religion, but an application that allows people to specifically engage in a behavior that's specifically considered an affront to a religion?  If people want to draw Mohammed and send it to a terrorist to offend him, let them!  If they are that serious about offending Islamic extremists, let them join the military and go serve and let them serve up a bullet to the people they dislike so much.

I don't quite know what to do about Islam other than be a Christian to them because that's what God has demanded or should I say commanded. 

How would Americans feel if there was a "burn the American flag application" on facebook? 

Or Christians if there was a "help crucify Christ application! You can be a Roman Soldier and help drive the nails to keep him from falling down! If he slips too far you LOSE! Instant loser if your cross falls over!  Be the first in a race to hang up the Son of God while you race against others in a real time app as they hang up thieves around you!"

While I disagree with Islam, I do recognize that as much as I disagree with the religion, I would have to say if God has such a problem with the religion in His creation let Him deal with it.  Clearly the Christian nations of the earth have been favored of Heaven above that of Islam. We can defend ourselves against Islamofascism, and teach our children our religious values and educate them, but as far as creating an app that's specifically designed to offend a religion?  That's just bad taste!  What are we teaching our children then? 

All things aside, respectfully, I am a U.S. Navy Veteran, and I have no problem serving in harms way when the time comes if needed to stand against islamofascism, but teaching disrespect and to insult and blaspheme against another religion is teaching bad taste and disrespect.  It's a mob mentality then.  And a civilized society cannot claim to be enlightened when it does such things.  I certainly will not teach my kids that Islam is equal to Christianity.  But the followers  of Islam are men and women, created in the image of God and they will have to stand before God and God alone to be accountable for their lives which He has given them - not me. Not only that, many millions are Americans. 
I'm not calling for people to be politically correct either.  I can make my case for why I don't believe Islam quite clearly without having to blaspheme it or disrespect it. 

I can deal with the fascists when needed, but I'm sorry, it's just in poor taste.

Obviously this is a huge issue but that's just my thoughts for now.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...