KENNETH OKONKWO QUOTE!


posted by sooyup

No comments

Before I quote him from a recent interview, let me introduce him a little. Kenneth Okonkwo is one of the pioneers of the Nigerian movie industry. He was the star actor in Nigeria's first home video 'Living in Bondage' One of the best movies ever made in Nigeria, how many of you know it? Kenneth is one of the most respected and highest paid actors in Nigeria...he's also a producer/director.

Kenneth got married in April 2000 to the daughter of the General overseer of the Christian Pentecostal Mission, Ogechi Mercy Ezekiel. By May 2002, the marriage which produced a child, ended. In 2005, he got involved with another woman and the relationship produced a daughter.

He recently granted an interview...hear him...

On his violent temper ending his marriage
"I hate aggressive women. And anyone who wants to torment me, man or woman, I defend myself with aggression and with all ferocity with which the attack is coming. Self defence is the most fundamental element of human rights. So my marriage cannot crash because of my anger. Anger as an emotion would always come up when somebody is unjustly treated. I always prefer to avoid aggressive women so that I wouldn't have to unleash my anger on them. When a lady, by omission or commission, makes herself to be an aggressor, I would not make myself the punching bag, make no mistake about that"
There was this rumour that he was a wife-beater, with this statement, I believe them...this guy needs to get his face slapped.

On why his wife left him
"Sorry for the correction, She didn't leave. The truth is that every of my relationship that crashed, I've always said I'm fed up" Is this guy for real?

On another woman having his baby while his divorce was yet to be finalised
"My first marriage crashed and I needed to date some other people so that after my divorce I should be able to make a choice. I dated some people and discovered they were not what I wanted, so I didn't end up marrying anybody. If she (Nancy Ekedo) has a baby for me, to God be the glory"
There are talks that the second woman has also left the relationship...reading this piece, do you think he's a woman-beater?

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...