Timi is the winner!!!


posted by sooyup

No comments

Timi wooooooon! I'm so happy it's crazy.

I was there live and direct and jumped up and down like a mad woman when he was announced as the winner of the first ever Idol West Africa.


A well deserved win I might add.


Here's the profile of the Idol West Africa 2007 winner...TIMI

Full Name: Timi Dakolo

Age: 26

Place of Origin: Bayelsa State, Nigeria

Star Sign: CapricornMarital Status: Single

Educational Qualification: Senior Secondary School Certificate

Occupation: Student

Favourite Songs: ‘Dance With My Father’ by Luther Vandross

Favourite Artistes: Lemar, Micheal Bolton

Role Model: Lemar

Hobbies: Singing and Reading

Why did you enter Idols West Africa? Because I can write songs and sing effortlessly

Where did you get your music skill from? Grandma


Songs he performed on Idol...

If there's any justice in the world - Lemar

Stuck on you - Lionel Richie

Everything I do, I do it for you - Bryan Adams

Faith - George Michael

Give me the night - George Benson

Flying without wings - Westlife

How am I supposed to live without you - Michael Bolton

Oruka - Sunny Neji

Don't let the sun go down on me - Elton John/George Michael

Ain't no mountain high enough - Diana Ross

Dance with my father - Luther Vandross

Must have been love - Roxette

Timi's own words


"Dreams: looking at how far I have made it, I can't believe I made it through all the stages and phases of the competition and all the experiences have just been good, and sometimes bad. I wish my grandma was around most of all to see what has become of her favorite grand son.I have dreams and I know the living God will make them come true. Thanks for all your love cuz without u all I can't be the Timi Dakolo I am.In the famous words of Martin Luther King, "I HAVE A DREAM THAT ONE DAY"… "

Timi went home with a 26inch flat screen LG TV, DSTV dish with 3 months free subscription, 10 thousand dollars cash, Kia Picanto, and a recording contract with Sony BMG.

This is just the beginning of great things to happen to TIMI. I hope his talents and humility take him to the top where he belongs. May God be with him every step of the way...amen!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...