Right and Wrong Reasons To get Married + Linda Ikeji LOL poem.


posted by sooyup

No comments

Someone I know got married this past weekend...to a footballer based in Holland. When I saw the husband and looked at the girl, I knew the union was not about love on the girl's part. She confirmed it later when she said, 'He's rich! What else am I looking for?"

So I started thinking of the many reasons people get married now adays and came up with a list of right and wrong reasons...

Here they are...

Right Reasons to get married...
You love each other sincerely and deeply.
A strong desire to share your life with one another
To have a reliable, lifetime companion.
Realistic expectations.
To bring Children into the world
A deep willingness to fulfill each other's needs and desires

Wrong reasons to get married...
For money.
Want to be free from parents.
Sex
Loneliness and desperation
Pressure
To be happy.
To be an adult.
To avoid growing up
Because of a pregnancy.
He or she loves you.
For immigration/passport/visa purposes.

What other right and wrong reasons can you give?

Here is a poem I wrote...

Lord, give me a man
At 18, I started asking God for a man
At 19, I asked for a tall, strong man
At 20, I wanted him lean and well built
At 21, I wanted a handsome, model-looking man
At 22, I wanted a romantic man
At 23, I wanted a rich executive
At 24, I wanted an intelligent man with a great mind
At 25, I got heartbroken, now I want a man who will be kind to me
At 26, I met a kind man, but he bored me, so I asked for an exciting man
At 27, I was tired of excitement and wanted a more mature, responsible man
At 28, I met a responsible man but he was too young
At 29, I wanted to settle down, looked around...no man!
Now I'm 30 lord, just send me a man...any man, no conditions...ANY MAN!

Am I a poet or what? You like or you like? LOL

BTW, Naija gists and gossip coming soon!

Leave a Reply

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...